Traveling is exciting, especially if it's a family vacation to your dream destination. But, after a trip, your skin may not feel so good; instead, it feels dull and dry, which none of us want. After a flight, there are chances for causing dehydration; to avoid this; we must keep the skin hydrated all time before and during a long flight. Here's a skincare routine to follow before, during, and after a long flight to make your journey as comfortable as possible with some simple skincare recommendations.
We take care of so many things before a flight; from packing to cross-checking the documents to travel, it's going to be a hectic schedule where you totally forget about the skin. No matter how much makeup you put on, the climate variations and high altitude journey can create many problems for your skin, making them feel extremely dry, rough, and irritated. Next time you schedule a trip, plan to give ample care to your skin so that it will look and feel fresh even after a long and tiring flight.
How does the flight journey impact the skin?
Most of you might be wondering why it is essential to follow skincare before and during the flight. The answer is here;
- Recirculated, dry, and confined air in an airplane can disrupt the skin's outer layer, leading to inflammation.
- When you fly high in airplanes, the humidity level is much lower than the amount required for your skin to be comfortable; the humidity level is hardly 10-20% in flight, where your skin needs an ideal humidity level of 60% to prevent dry skin.
- Your skin is more exposed to UV radiation; as you travel above 10,000 feet, there are chances for sun damage through the windows.
- Traveling at high altitudes with a low air pressure reduces the amount of oxygen your blood carries, leading to dry and dull skin. And so, we become dehydrated as we breathe this air, and moisture is drawn from our skin, leaving it tight and dull. Hence after a flight journey, the skin experiences dryness, breakouts, and irritation as rapid dehydration is unbearable for any skin type.
Apart from these factors, tension, stress, and lack of adequate sleep may also affect your skin.
Let's take a look at the ways to protect and hydrate the skin and keep them as fresh as a daisy after a long flight;
How to Protect Your Skin While On a Flight
Keeping the skin hydrated is the secret to protecting them from the after-effects of a flight, especially a long one.
Skincare Routine: Tips to prep your skin before the flight
Just a few steps before boarding can save the skin from numerous problems.
- The primary step is to wash the face with a gentle and hydrating facial cleanser; try using a natural facial cleanser like Savarnas Mantra® Natural Rose Cleanser.
- Followed by the cleanser, smear your favorite moisturizer meant for your skin type. One point to remember here is that you needn't apply a heavy moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated to prevent dryness. A gentle, lightweight moisturizer with skin hydrating ingredients is all that your skin needs. Use Savarnas Mantra® Natural Ultimate Nourishing Hyaluronic Moisturizer to keep the skin nourished, hydrated and soft.
- Apply sunscreen to protect against sun damage throughout the journey.
If time permits, apply a hydrating face mask the night before the trip to pamper, nourish and hydrate the skin. To keep your skin hydrated for longer, consider applying a few drops of facial serum with Hyaluronic acid before moisturizing the skin.
Skincare Routine: How to protect your skin while flying?
A skincare routine is not only about applying your moisturizer and sunscreen but also drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and prevent dehydration. Similarly, avoid dehydrating drinks like tea, coffee, or alcohol during the journey.
If you are on a long- flight, reapply the skincare products, especially moisturizers and serums, every two hours. Spritzing your favorite hydrating toner on your face can also help provide instant hydration.
Skincare Routine: Best ways to pamper your skin post-flight
Once you've arrived at the destination, wash the face using a mild facial cleanser, double-cleansing will be a great option as it helps unclog the pores.
If you have time to follow an elaborate skincare routine, exfoliate the skin with a gentle exfoliator, a natural exfoliant like Savarnas Mantra® Natural Fruit Exfoliant will ensure that your skin is free of all impurities, dirt, and oil. After scrubbing the skin, applying a restorative face mask will instantly refresh your skin.
Next to masking, a few drops of hydrating serum, followed by a nourishing and hydrating moisturizer, will help you wake up to plump, fresh, and radiant skin. To nourish and hydrate the under eyes, consider using a formulated under-eye cream.
Shop your skincare essentials today from Savarnas Mantra® and have a pleasant trip without worrying about your skin.