Yes, you have come across this many times on the internet while checking for the best beauty solutions for healthy skin. Everyone is discussing this end number of times about a sound 8-hour sleep which is a must for beautiful skin. But, did you know there is a scientific reason that sleep is beneficial for your skin? Let us find out the reason behind sleep benefits for the skin. Before we dive into the topic, let us check out the basics of beauty sleep.
What is beauty sleep?
A well-rested sleep that wakes you up with energized and refreshing sleep is known as beauty sleep. A night of sound sleep for 8 hours is considered very important not only for the skin but also for the overall well-being of the body.
We are well aware of the quote-
“Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
And for the WO-MAN- “Early to bed and early to rise makes a woman more pretty and beautiful.
So, it's time to set your sleep clock and schedule your alarm to be an early riser.
What is the best beauty sleep time?
This question keeps us wondering how to get the perfect and ideal time to sleep. Well, it is not about hitting the bed at the right time, it's all about getting the right sleep as soon as you hit the bed. You may hit the bed at 10:30 pm, but it is important not to “HIT THE BED” while your mobile or binging over Netflix.
So, what is the best time for beauty sleep? The best beauty sleep with the ideal time for healthy skin is 10:30 pm to 6:30 am. It is important to go to bed by 11 pm latest for beautiful skin from within.
Can I take beauty sleep beautifully during the day?
Well, as per recent research, it has been noted that afternoon naps are great to boost work and body productivity. But, as far as skin is concerned, the best benefits of beauty sleep can be achieved at night. If you are taking restful sleep between 10:30 pm- 6:30 am, you will no longer need any daytime or afternoon naps. Your body and skin can work round the clock during the day- NON-STOP. So, save time and energy with good sound restful beauty sleep at night.
Benefits of Beauty Sleep
There is a great connection between the skin and ample sleep. You cannot deny the facts of beauty sleep. So, strategize your snooze time and get activated for lovely refreshing skin with a beautiful glow. The benefits of beauty sleep are as follows-
- Reduces cortisol and stress levels
- Re Energizes skin
- Reduces inflammation of the skin
- Helps in collagen synthesis
- Helps in skin immunity
- Helps in boosting skin cells
- Improves skin functioning - Protective mechanism
- Maintains balanced skin hormones
- Helps in the repair process of the skin
What happens when you go to sleep at night?
At night, the skin goes into repair and restful mode. When you switch off the lights, there is a natural secretion of hormones Melatonin ' which helps induce sleep and maintains the overall balance of skin hormones by regulating the stress hormones. This reduces the inflammatory condition of the skin and allows the skin and body to heal. All the benefits of the skin and beauty sleep are interconnected and related to the body and mind
Steps to make the most out of your beauty sleep for skin
Here are some basic steps on how you can make the most out of beauty sleep for your skin -
- Follow a night skincare routine
- Use moisturizer and serum before you hit the bed
- Allow your skincare products to get completely absorbed before hitting the sheets
- Take light meals for dinner
- Eat before 8:00 pm at night
- Reach out for overnight hydrating moisturizer
- Choose high thread cotton and silk sheets
- Use products rich in Vitamin A and C
- Place a humidifier in your room before your hit the bed
- Try to sleep on your back instead on the sides
- Exercise for some time before you sleep
- Keep mobiles phones away and on mute for undisturbed sleep
- Make the most out of your sleep. It is not just about your skin. Beauty sleep helps the entire body and well-being. Enjoy a restful sleep daily.