A smile can speak millions of words. It is the most expressive feature of our face. Want to have a wonderful smile? Well, the lips are the most important feature of a smile. It is important to take care of lips so that they are nourished and well hydrated. Let us get started with simple steps for wonderful hydrated lips.
Before we kick start with healthy solutions for lips, let us check out what lip care is and why it is important. Read on to know further and explore more about lip care solutions.
What is Lip Care?
Lip care is special attention for lips with good healthy solutions which can keep them nourished.
Why is Lip Care Important?
The skin on the lips is very thin and sensitive. They can get easily hydrated and chapped. We have to take supreme care of them as lips are more prone to dryness and may get parched. In extensive conditions, there may be dryness and chapped lips with cuts and cracks which may lead to bleeding.
What causes problems with lips?
The causes of lip issues are as follows-
- Environmental conditions with extreme weather
- Medical conditions like allergies
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Hormonal issues like thyroid
- Addiction like smoking
- Drinking too many caffeine drinks
- Taking long-term medications
- Applying wrong lip care products like overdrying matt lips colors
- Lack of lip moisturization
- Using wrong makeup
- Skin conditions like dermatitis
- Lip sores
- Eating too much spicy food
- Lip injury
Symptoms of Lip issues
The symptoms of lips are-
- Dry lips
- Chapped lips
- Cut and cracks
- Pain in lips
- Split lips
- Thinner lips
- Pale lips
How to prevent lip problems?
The only way to prevent lip problems is to keep lips hydrated. Lip hydration is the only solution to keep it in the best condition. It is also important to note any discoloration of lips that may occur due to aging. Choose natural lips solutions for optimum hydration.
How to keep your lips hydrated?
When we talk about lip hydration, the first thing which comes to our mind is “Lip Balm.” It is an instant and quick recovery for dry lips. Did you know that overuse of lip balm can cause chapping of lips? Some lip balms may cause side effects too. It is important to use the right product in moderation which will keep the lips hydrated for a long. Check out natural moisturization with lip balms having botanical extracts, petroleum jelly, and Natural Vitamin E oil which are hydrating for lips and best to use.
The other effective ways to hydrate the lips are as follows-
- Drink plenty of water
- Keep hydration levels optimum with fruit juices and coconut water
- Use natural oils like coconut and almond oil
- Use lip balms with SPF for pink and rosy lips
- Cleanse and Exfoliate your lips
- Use a home scrub for exfoliation with fine sugar and a few drops of lemon
- Consume lemon water and green tea daily for good antioxidant effects
- Look for nourishing lip care ingredients
- Make sure to remove lip makeup before hitting the bed at night
- Use medicated lip products for sores or other lip infections
- Do not wear makeup with an active lip infection
- Choose natural elements for a hydrating creamy lipstick
- Choose a healthy diet with deep-colored veggies like beetroot and carrot
- Check for pale lips in case of low iron count
- Exfoliate lips with gentle exfoliated like fine sugar, honey, and lemon
- Using honey mask for lips is great
- Use aloe vera gel to moisture the lips and lock in moisture
- Use omega 3 fatty acids like nuts and seeds for healthy fats
- Always moisturize lips before putting on lipstick
- Use lip oils like carrot and strawberry oils regularly
This is the best way to take off lips by keeping them hydrated and preventing lip issues.