Summer skin is thirsty. Summer skin needs water. No, no, don’t start watering your skin along with your plant. That’s not the kind of water we are talking about. And FYI, it’s not even your daily dose of moisturizer that is enough for the thirsty summer skin. It’s serum.
This runny but concentrated product has all the trends running right to it this summer. Let us tell you all about the different types of serums for your summer skin, and then give you a list to choose for yourself!
Serum V/S Cream
Your moms probably applied thick, fragrant creams and lotions all over their skin back in the summers of the 50s and 60s, and 70s. Maybe even the 80s. Serums weren’t as popular back then. But today, if you walk down a street and ask random women about their summer hydration, 8 out of 10 will turn back and say ‘Why, of course, my serum!’
So what’s different? Why serum over cream now?
- The cream is thick and rich and weighs heavily on the skin before it is absorbed. This may not be a very lucrative feature during sweltering summers. Serum on the other hand is \ runny in consistency and gets absorbed into your skin within minutes, sometimes even seconds. Almost like water.
- The cream has a base and active ingredients. This means it is not as effective and doesn’t show results quickly. Serum on the other hand is all active and shows swift action. It is also highly effective.
- The cream may make your skin feel oily or sticky, while most serums just don’t feel like anything.
Types of Serums for Summer:
There are myriad serum types, with various active ingredients and skin solutions making the distinctions. If we talk about the summer season, then these 3 types of serums are hot (pun intended)!
#1 Hydrating Serums
As the name suggests, hydrating serums mainly work to keep your skin’s moisture intact. Summertime may deplete your skin’s moisture levels and you may be none the wise due to all the oils and sweat your skin is busy excreting. This may result in skin problems like breakouts, acne, and blemishes before you realize your mistake. A hydrating serum will prevent such a fate by:
- Replenishing the skin’s lost moisture.
- Locking that moisture under deep layers, on a cellular level.
- Preventing skin from being dehydrated under the sun and heat.
- Strengthening the skin barrier to protect the hydration levels.
#2 Brightening Serums
Pretty self-explanatory if you ask, but brightening serums do a lot more than the name suggests. Especially during summer, when you may want to protect your skin from dark spots, sun spots, and hyperpigmentation. Brightening serums generally come enriched with ingredients that not only improve the overall brightness levels of the skin but also control the melanin production to combat hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C usually leads the pack in this group.
#3 Anti-Aging Serums
Sun exposure is one of the top reasons for early signs of aging. The sun barrier when breached, leads to early dark spots, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, and a loss of skin’s even tone. Therefore, if you are close to your middle years, or just have a history of early aging or mature skin, then anti-aging serum during summer is a must. Applying this serum before your day makeup keeps your skin ready for any calamity including UV rays, pollutants, dust, and any other trauma that may aggravate early aging. The antioxidants in this serum fight free radical damage.
AM or PM Serum?
- Most people only see serum as a ‘night routine.’ And while it is true that many serums work best at night (retinol, niacinamide, etc), summer serums are different.
- A hydrating or brightening serum can be applied in the daytime as well since it works on your skin and protects it in real-time.
- Anti-aging serum is not always preferred for daytime, but you can check the ingredient list and take a call. Some ingredients like retinol may make your skin sun sensitive.
The Best Summer Serums
Now, to give you that list of the best serums for your summer skin:
- Natural Hyaluronic Acid Serum(HYDRATING)
- Natural Vitamin C Serum (BRIGHTENING)
- Natural Pigment Correction Serum(BRIGHTENING)
- Natural Vitamin E + Squalane Serum(ANTI AGING)
- Natural Youth Stem Cell Serum(ANTI AGING)
- Natural Red Tea Antioxidant Serum(ANTI AGING)
These serums from Savarnas are now trending at the sizzling summer sale. So, if you order them any time between 1st to 31st July 2023, you get the following:
20% off + Free shipping + Afterpay
Shop now for a Happy Summer!