The eyes are the most essential part of your face. It performs an important function of seeing things also known as “sight.” Taking care of the skin around the eyes is very important. Let us not forget that the eyes and skin around the eyes are very delicate. The skin needs some TLC (Tender Love Care) to nourish. And Why not? Your eyes are one of the most aesthetic parts of the face while speaking volumes.
As we age, our eyes also start with the process of aging. The majority of us would agree with this because as we age our sight tends to become weaker. Those reading glasses have become a must for everyone after we age, especially at 40+. Here, it is important to take care of the eyes around the skin as well.
Generally, the skin around the eyes becomes dry as we age and is more prone to fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles. Eye creams come to the rescue to solve the multiple problems for the skin around the eyes. Let us check in detail why we should incorporate this beauty cream- eye cream for our skin.
What is Eye Cream?
Eye creams are specially designed formulations suited for the skin around the eyes to moisturize it. It is a targeted moisturizing cream suited for the delicate eye area.
Why is eye cream used?
Eye creams are especially used to combat under-eye problems. It also helps to keep the area around the skin hydrated, protected, and nourished. Let us check the details for the problems of the skin around the eyes and how eye creams come to the rescue.
The main problems for which under-eye cream or eye cream is used are as follows-
- Puffy eyes
- Dark circle
- Under eye bags
- Fine lines
- Wrinkle skin
- Hyperpigmentation around eyes
- Dry skin around eyes
- Sagging of skin
- Chicken skin - Milia
- Lack of collagen in skin around eyes
Truly, eye creams come to the rescue for all these above-mentioned issues. 10 problems in the under-eye areas can be solved by a single beauty remedy which is called “EYE CREAM.”
How to choose the best eye cream?
Remember, every moisturizing cream is not under eye cream. The majority of us get hold of vaseline or aloe vera gel for under-eye moisturization. Well, it is advisable to use a specially formulated eye cream that is medically tested and clinically proven to work for the delicate skin around the eyes.
The best choice for under-eye cream is a natural under-eye moisturizer along with eye serum which locks in moisture and helps in nourishing the skin. It is safe, gentle, and effective to keep under-eye skin issues at bay.
Benefits of eye cream
The benefits of eye cream are as follows-
- Helps keep the skin around the eyes moisturized
- Helps keep the skin around the eyes nourished
- Boost the formation of collagen around the eyes
- Helps in preventing thinning of the skin around the eyes
- Helps in prevention of water retention around the eyes
- Gives a natural glow to your eyes
- Helps brighten your eyes in the morning
- Reduced pigmentation, age spots, sun spots, and dark circles as well
- Helps in boosting nutrients and vitamins to under eye skin
- Helps prevent dryness of the skin which may cause the skin to stretch or eye strain
- Have anti-aging effect which avoids eye creases
- Protects your under-eye skin from harmful rays during daytime
- Forms a protective shield between the tender skin and makeup products
- Eye creams are specially formulated to get easily absorbed
- Helps eye makeup to work at its best without an unnecessary crease
How to use eye cream?
These are some important steps to know before you start using an eye cream-
- Be gentle with your under-eye skin
- Do not let the product enter your eye
- Always wash your face before applying eye cream
- Use your ring finger to apply the eye cream
- Use minimal product
- Use them every morning and night, especially during winters
- Apply 15 mins before bedtime and allow it to absorb it completely
Eye creams are great skin and beauty care products that work to provide anti-aging benefits. If you have not been using it, it's time to take action and include this product for your skin around the eyes and make a difference in your face!!