We hear about more and more eyebrow procedures every day. But the most common nowadays is microblading. It is everywhere — on Instagram, used by Ticktockers, flaunted by celebrities as well as stylish women all around. But what is microblading on eyebrows exactly? Is it safe? Can microblading damage your eyebrows? Who should not get eyebrow microblading? These are just some of the many questions women are having these days. So we tried to gather the answers, and are here to share them with you.
What is Microblading?
- Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique.
- In this technique, the microblading artist creates hair-like strokes to fill in your thinning or sparse brows.
- So essentially, the eyebrows are tattooed on your skin by drawing hair-like strokes in the epidermis layer of the skin, and a pigment is implanted.
- This gives you a fuller and thicker look.
- So if you are fed up of skinny or scanty brows, then this popular beauty trend can help you.
- You won’t need to worry about the permanence of the microbladed eyebrows as they last for about 1-2 years.
- Then you can go for a refill, or get a different shape or colour too.
- Microblading is considered to be a safe procedure. Most people don’t face any major problems or side effects. But there are always exceptions.
Who Should Not Get Eyebrow Microblading?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not get Microblading as it increases the risk of infection to the mother as well as the baby.
- Chemotherapy patients and people undergoing other cancer treatments must also strike out this procedure.
- If you have taken isotretinoin in the last six months then don’t get Microblading.
- People on blood thinners should also not get it.
- Women with pimples, fresh scars, or wounds should avoid Microblading.
- Other people who should not get Microblading:
- Those with weak immune systems.
- Those with sunburns on and around their eyebrows.
- Those who have just gotten their eyebrows waxed must wait a while before getting Microblading.
- Those who have gotten Botox, Laser, or chemical peel in this area must also wait for some time.
It is pretty clear from the above information that Microblading is not a very tedious or unsafe procedure, Yes, it comes with its set of risks. But that’s the case with any invasive beauty treatment or procedure. You just need to weigh the pros and cons for yourself and see if getting those thick, even eyebrows is worth the risk. However, if you are one of the high-risk people from the list mentioned above then Microblading is definitely not for you. So evaluate wisely and make an informed decision.
In case if you are backing out of Microblading and wish to get those thick, attractive eyebrows without an invasive procedure then check out our Savarnas Mantra Nourishing Eyebrow Oil to boost the growth and health of your brow hairs!
Savarnas Mantra® Nourishing Eyebrow Oil
Based on ancient formulae, our nourishing eyebrow oil is created to boost your eyebrow hair growth. Add it to your daily beauty regime and you will find that its potent mix of seed oils and other natural extracts will nourish your eyebrows. It will also moisturize and stimulate growth.
- Blend of natural seed oils
- Natural horsetail extracts
- Marshmallow root extract
- Hemp oil
- Omega-6 fatty acids
How to Use:
- All you need to do is massage the Savarnas Mantra® Nourishing Eyebrow Oil into the skin of your eyebrows for a few minutes at night.
- Repeat this every night before bed for at least 8 weeks.
- This is to ensure that the oil remains in contact with your hair roots when the hair enters its growth phase.
- This gives best results.