Skin dryness is a big NO! It is important to begin with nourishing seaweed extracts for optimum skin hydration naturally. Seaweed extracts are great for skin care. It has oil-regulating effects with gentle exfoliating properties. Scroll down further to know the benefits and uses of seaweed extracts and how you can incorporate them into your daily skincare routine.
What is Seaweed Extract?
As the name suggests, “seaweed extract” is an extract obtained from marine plants and algae in water bodies which includes oceans, and seas. They are the perfect natural ingredients to provide hydration to the skin and put an end to skin problems.
Seaweeds are marine plants that are known to absorb ocean water like a sponge for all nutrients. This tends to provide a plumpy and dewy effect to the skin. Seaweed extracts are enriched with vitamins, minerals, amino acids, protein, and lipids in concentrated and potent form. This is considered one of the best ingredients for skincare.
Benefits of seaweed extracts for skin
The benefits of seaweed extract for the skin are as follows-
- Cleansing and detoxification.
- Natural exfoliation.
- Intense hydration and moisturization.
- Brightens skin.
- Accelerates the healing process of the skin.
- Rejuvenates and revitalizes skin cells.
- Enhances skin barrier protection.
- Regulates sebum production and oil control.
- Anti-aging effects.
- Prevents skin issues like acne.
- Helps in preventing hyperpigmentation of the skin.
- Increases collagen synthesis.
- Offer superior nutrients bioavailability.
- Has antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal activities.
- Enhances antioxidant activity to prevent oxidative stress.
Active constituents of seaweed extract
Seaweed extract is considered the best beauty ingredient. The unique metabolites of seaweed have natural biological properties with potent active constituents. The essential functional constituents of the seaweed extracts are as follows:
- Marine-derived algae are enriched with fucoidan which is effective against skin pores to give a smooth skin and prevent large pores.
- Marine algal compounds are enriched with important natural compounds which include phlorotannins, sulfated polysaccharides, and tyrosinase inhibitors for improving skin elasticity.
- It has natural secondary metabolites such as polysaccharides, carotenoids, flavonoids, and polyphenols which possess a range of bioactive properties improving dermal health for long-lasting beauty
- It has phlorotannins and hyaluronidase and enzyme inhibitory activities which have been known to have many beneficial aspects for skin texture and complexion.
- It is also enriched with riboflavin and thiamine which accelerates skin turnover and replaces the dead skin cells with new ones.
- It is enriched with high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, antioxidants, iodine, vitamins, minerals, essential trace elements, and full-chain amino acids which have many skin-loving benefits and are skin -friendly nutrients.
Seaweed is a golden plant with oceanic elements and is also known as the “glow plant.” This green algae-like oceanic derivative plant is available to us in 30,000 different forms by nature. It is super rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and loaded with amino acids and protein elements leaving you with a goddess-like glow.
What are the benefits of seaweed extract for acne?
Seaweed extract has many anti-inflammatory elements which work out great for acne to prevent breakouts. It helps in reducing inflammation by acne-causing bacteria to keep breakouts at bay.
How can seaweed extract help prevent aging?
The seaweed extract has many anti-aging elements which help fight aging, reduce inflammation, and prevent fine lines and wrinkles by keeping dryness at bay. Being a water plant, it has many hydrating elements which are great for overall skin health.
How can I incorporate seaweed extract into my daily skincare routine?
The best way to incorporate seaweed extract into your daily skincare routine is by using a bio marine moisturizer enriched with oceanic elements for skin hydration. You can also opt for marine complex anti-inflammatory agents enriched with green-blue algae and seaweed extracts which have great properties to lock in moisture and revitalize the skin.
Where can I get seaweed-infused best natural skincare products?
It is recommended to start with naturally infused seaweed extract skincare products from Savarnas Mantra which are pure, gentle, paraben-free, cruelty-free, effective, and potent. They are formulated with enriching extracts that are great for overall skin health.