Acne is one of the most common skin issues. Dealing with acne-prone skin is a daunting task. The reason behind this is that acne can be a recurrent problem with sudden cropping up or flare-up of stubborn pimples and zits. So, if you are battling acne, it is essential to take a closer look at your skin and choose skin care products based on your skin’s concerns and needs. We have rounded up a list of skincare products that are MUST-HAVES in your skincare for acne-prone skin to help you achieve beautiful skin.
5 Best Skincare Products To Fight Acne
Here are some of the best skincare products which you can use to fight acne and prevent it completely.
1. Products Rich in Retinol
Retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A. It is considered one of the best skincare products for acne-prone skin. It is one of the best skin ingredients to treat acne from its root cause. It has a blend of deep cleansing and exfoliating properties which works wonders on acne-prone skin. Retinol can be included in the form of serum, lotion, and cream.
2. Products containing natural elements of Salicylic acid
Salicylic acid is also known as “Beta Hydroxy Acids.” It has great exfoliating properties which help in eliminating dead skin and clear away clogged pores instantly. It helps in drying out existing active pimples. Use serums rich in natural extracts of salicylic acid which is great for keeping acne at bay.
3. Products with Activated charcoal
One of the main reasons for acne is clogged pores which results in bacteria formation and inflammation. Clogged pores occur due to dirt, dead skin, pollution, and impurities that get trapped in skin pores. Activated charcoal is perfect to cleanse the skin and eliminate all the impurities from the pores. Charcoal pulls out the excess oil, and dirt to make your skin look healthy and glowing.
4. Vitamin-rich products with Niacinamide
Niacinamide is also known as Vitamin B3. It is one of the essential skincare ingredients which works wonders to prevent acne. It brightens skin tone, reduces scars, and improves skin texture. It is anti-inflammatory and helps in soothing acne flare-ups.
5. Green tea extract-enriched natural skincare products
Green tea is one of the best natural extracts for acne-prone skin. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It is enriched with antioxidants which help in preventing oxidative stress and free radical damage due to pollutants, sun damage, and defective skin metabolism. This provides great anti-aging benefits.
Choosing the right skincare products for acne
It is advisable to choose the right skincare products for acne. The acne skincare products that you choose depend on the following-
● Skin type
● Acne type
● Skincare preferences
Guidelines to follow for acne prone skin
Here are some general guidelines for choosing the right skin care product before you get started with your skincare routine to defeat acne.
● Choose mild, gentle, and natural skincare products
● Follow your CTM procedure regularly
● Choose the form of products that work for you
● It is important to moisturize oily skin too daily
● Check for the ingredient list of the skincare products
● Choose potent and active ingredients which are good for acne-prone skin
● Be patient while treating acne
● Avoid heavy makeup and allow the skin to breathe
● Avoid oily and greasy skin care products which may clog the pores
● Use non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic skincare products
Skin Care Tips When Using Acne Products
Using the correct acne product is just the first step toward a healthy skincare routine. Here are certain things to bear in mind while battling acne to make it a clear win-win situation.
● Wash acne-prone skin twice daily
● Use the right amount of product
● Use non- oily and water-based skin care products
● Avoid irritants
● Use cleansing cloths and gentle towelettes to pat the skin dry
● Do not squeeze or pick pimples
● Do not touch your face frequently
● Use sunscreen before you step out in the sun
● Shower after sweating out
● Keep yourself hydrated
● Eat healthy antioxidant-rich diet
● Avoids oily foods and sweets
● Avoid too much caffeine
● Say “No” to alcohol and smoking
● Practice healthy lifestyle
● Sleep for 8 hours
● Exercise and yoga are must
● Keep stress at bay
So, get started with healthy skincare solutions to prevent acne. Embrace healthy beautiful glowing skin forever.