When we see thick, full eyebrows of celebrities on TV, a part of us wishes we had that. But either our beautician over-did the waxing, or we ourselves plucked a lot more of those precious brow hairs. And some of us just can’t stop getting procedures and beauty treatments done on our eyebrows! So how should we make our wish come true? How do we grow back eyebrow hairs to get that full, beautiful look?
Since hair growth is a natural process, a part of it is out of our control. But there are things we can do to assist this process. So if your question is ‘how to grow back eyebrow hairs?’ then we have a few answers here. It is best if you start by nourishing your eyebrow hairs, eating right, and following good eyebrow care regime.
Why do Eyerbows Begin to Thin?
There are a number of reasons behind this. Some of the most common among women are:
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Health Conditions
- Hormone Fluctuations
Why is Eyebrow Growth Stunted Sometimes?
- Over-plucking: The area around your eyes is delicate and sensitive. The more you irritate it with chemicals, tools, and trauma, the more it gets damaged. Plucking may sound like a good way to shape eyebrows, but when you overdo it, the result is stunted hair growth because you damaged the hair follicles.
- Aging: With age, our skin begins to lose its strength. This results in hair loss, not only from the scalp but from other parts of the body too. Eyebrows also fall prey to this phenomenon and we may see that the hairs don’t grow back as fast as they usually would. The hair that does grow back is not as thick and healthy as before.
- Disorders/ Diseases: Stunted hair growth may also be a result of disorders or diseases. People suffering from thyroid find stunted hair growth very common. They have thinning brows quite often too. This problem is observed even in many Anaemic patients. Also, if you have a deficiency of essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin D, Zinc, Iron, Biotin, etc then you may have problems with hair growth.
How to Grow Back Eyebrow Hairs?
- Throw Away your Magnifying Mirror
The first step to growing back those eyebrow hairs is to chuck your magnifying mirror! You cannot keep looking at each hair every day and expect to get results instantly! Give yourself and your eyebrow hairs time. The hair follicles need to recover, find strength, and then grow back. Do yourself a favor and give them this chance. Don’t obsess.
- Tweeze Right
This is very important. If you want to grow back eyebrow hairs then choose the right tweezers, and tweeze slowly. The tweezers should have an angled end so that you can pull in the direction of growth. Those tweezers with flat and wide ends are a big no-no.
Tweezers that have rubber grip are also not very precise and healthy as the friction of your grip causes more trauma to your hairs. Go for simple steel ones instead. And while tweezing, make sure you only get the strays or excess hairs. Leave the rest to grow.
For a perfect pair of tweezers, check out our:
Savarnas Mantra® Precision Brow Tweezers
The tip is slant, and the grip is perfect to help you tweeze precisely, with the least trauma. Tame your brows with our Precision Brow Tweezers while growing back your eyebrow hairs.
Do the Plucking After your Shower
Your skin is very soft and pliant after a hot shower. This is the best time to tweeze or pluck. The soft skin lets the hair slide out easily, causing lesser pain and trauma to the skin around. This also keeps the hair follicle healthy and your efforts to a minimum.
Eat Nourishing Foods
- First — find yourself a balanced diet chart. It is very important for your hair and skin health overall.
- Second — Choose the right supplements for hair growth. Your doctor or dermatologist can help you with identifying these.
- Third — Make a strict regimen and follow it, be it in terms of your diet or your supplements. Slow and steady always wins the race.
What kind of multivitamins help with eyebrow hairs?
- Iron supplements: You can also up your iron levels by eating more red meat, spinach, beans, peas, etc.
- Omega-3 supplements: This one is important for vegetarians and those people who don’t eat seafood.
- Biotin: Anywhere between 3-5 mg is enough per day. Biotin is taken in heavier doses as it is a water-soluble vitamin. It is easily excreted by our body through urine in case there is extra.
- Chewable Vitamins — A, C, and E.
Start Oiling your Eyebrows
Like oiling gives you long, thick, and lustrous scalp hair, it also does wonders to your eyebrow hairs. Growth serums are also good, and are readily available in the market. Make sure that the product you are using is from a reputed brand, and doesn’t contain harmful chemicals or preservatives. We at Savarnas Mantra understand the woes of our customers and have made a product that is nourishing to their eyebrows. And, it is made from active ingredients that are all natural.
Savarnas Mantra® Nourishing Eyebrow Oil
Made with traditional and natural ingredients, this oil is a blend of plant extracts, seed oils, and natural fatty acids that encourage hair growth. Our eyebrow nourishing oil is made from ancient formulae to help you achieve healthy hair regrowth. It is very easy to make it a part of your everyday beauty routine!
- Omega-6 fatty acids
- Marshmallow Root extracts
- A mix of seed oils
- Hemp Oil
- Natural horsetail extracts
These ingredients make our oil rich in antioxidants, and help protect your eyebrow hairs from environmental stressors, pollutants, and damage.
How Long Before your Eyebrow Hairs Grow Back
Man is an impatient creature. So it comes as no surprise that this question pops into your mind. The simple answer is — a few months. The complicated answer is — it depends on your age, health status, products you use, and other factors. But usually:
- The hair growth cycle for eyebrow hairs is anywhere between 3 to 4 months.
- So if you are attempting a change in your diet, or using supplements, then give them enough time.
- If you are using oils or serums, then give them enough time as per the label.
Other options to Grow Back Eyebrow Hair
If the above pointers don’t work, and a few months have passed without even the slightest change, then you can see your doctor. There are a few more ways that can only be prescribed by a specialist:
- Plasma injections that are rich in platelet
- Prescribed topical medications
- Prescribed oral supplements
- Eyebrow Hair Transplant
In all honesty, it takes close to 18 months for your eyebrow hairs to grow back properly. So don’t give up just yet. If you see even the slightest improvement in your brows then continue using the supplements or oil. Cautiously step away from waxing, threading, tweezing on your own. And even when you visit your aesthetician, make sure they only remove the least amount of hair to maintain your brow shape. It is also recommended that during the regrowth stage of your eyebrows you don’t drastically change their shape. This will backfire on all your hard work.
Instead, choose the shape of your liking before you start growing back the hair. And stick to it with minimal maintenance work. That’s how you will reach your goal, and get the eyebrows of your dreams.