We know you are attracted to beautiful lashes and would love to try falsies to intensify or beautify your eyes. But, before you dive into investing in falsies, it is important to know the reality of false lashes and what pros or cons they come with. Yes, it's true. Getting the right technique for the application of falsies is very important to prevent eye problems. Here are some eye issues and eye care which you must know before you start using them.
What are False Eyelashes?
False eyelashes or falsies are synthetic, temporary, and false hairs adhered onto a strip which needs to be set on the lash line with help of glue for enhancing the eye look and overall beauty. It is similar to lash extensions with professional application by an expert to enhance the length, shape, and density of natural lashes.
Eye Problem With False Eyelashes
False eyelashes can cause many eye problems if you do not handle them properly. Let us learn about various eye problems which may occur while using falsies.
Damage to your natural eyelashes
Fake eyelashes can bring on problems for natural ones. It may damage the natural sheath of the original eyelashes resulting in thinning of lashes. It is important to be gentle during the application process of falsies and go slow with them. Being quick and hasty may result in damage to the delicate lash line causing eye problems.
False eyelashes may cause eye infections. There are higher chances of breeding bacteria accumulating on the false lashes under the eyelash adhesive. This is mostly seen in cases when falsies are worn for a longer time around more than 18 hours per day.
One must also take care of maintaining the cleanliness of falsies as synthetic lashes should not get wet. Moreover, you need to be extra cautious while the skincare and lash care routine to maintain the utmost cleanliness of skin around the eyes. Failure to do so may attract more dirt and bacteria around the eye causing infections.
Allergies to Eyelash Glue
Eyelash glue contains chemicals called cyanoacrylates which may cause eyelid inflammation, redness, and irritation of the lash line. This can also result in skin reactions to the lashes and eyelids which may spread to the skin around the eyes.
This can further results in the loss of natural eyelashes which can take away your eye beauty and affect your overall appearance.
Continuing the usage of falsies inappropriately may trigger an auto-immune response causing hypersensitivity of the lashes and eyes resulting in vision changes.
Signs and Symptoms of Eye Problems With Falsies
The important signs and symptoms of eye problems with falsies are as follows-
- Pain in the eyes
- Burning sensation of the eyes, lids, and lash line
- Redness of the eyes
- Itchy sensation in the eyes
- Poking and gritty sensation of the eyes
- Increased sensitivity to the light - Photophobia
- Eye floaters or flashes of light
- Watery or purulent discharge from eyes - Lacrimation
- Blurring of vision
Prevention tips to avoid eye problems with False Eyelashes
Eye care is very important especially when you are dealing with cosmetic and beauty products application for the eyes. The eye problems with falsies can be prevented with certain precautionary measures which are as follows-
- Deal with lashes carefully and gently
- Do not overuse adhesive glue to paste onto the lashes
- Never share your eye makeup or beauty products with others to avoid contamination
- Always clean your eyelids after taking off the falsies
- Avoid heavy glittery or jeweled lashes which can exert a burden on natural lashes
- Avoid using glue containing formaldehyde to set the falsies which can dry out lashes
- Ensure to use a natural makeup remover and gentle cleansers that are paraben-free to remove all the eye makeup effectively
- Avoid rubbing your lashes while removing them
- Do not pull out the falsies from your lash line as it may damage your eyelids
- Follow a healthy lash routine to grow out your natural ones to skip the falsies
- Switch to natural eye makeup and beauty products for the eyes
- Use nourishing eyelash oil to enhance natural lashes