Dark spots on your face can be pesky and uncomfortable. It may also affect your confidence and self-esteem. Eliminating dark spots can give you flawless skin. There are various causes for dark spots. Eliminating the dark spots from the root cause can be a great idea to completely get rid of it. But, some dark spots are very stubborn that it is almost impossible to get rid of them. Today, with this blog, we are going to tell you about some specific home remedies which can work wonders to eliminate dark spots. So, get ready and read further to achieve flawless skin.
Before we dive into some natural home remedies and solutions to eliminate dark spots, let us look into the causes of dark spots which can help you eliminate the issue.
Causes of Dark Spots
There can be various causes of dark spots. The main important cause of the dark spot is excessive melanin production which is skin pigment. This skin pigment gives color to the skin and is one of the reasons for dark spots. This skin pigment which is also known as “melanin” is secreted from “melanocytes” which are skin cells. This melanin production is stimulated by “Melanin Stimulating Hormone (MSH).” This may lead to pigmented spots or hyperpigmentation. The causes which may trigger this MSH are as follows -
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Acne scars
- Reaction to certain skin care products
- Inflammation of skin
- Trauma to skin
- Psoriasis or eczema
- Poor quality of skincare or makeup products
- Wrong and irregular skin care routine
- Hormonal changes like thyroid issues
- High cholesterol or sugar levels
- Long-term medication may cause skin sensitivity
- Harsh chemicals in skincare products
- Iron deficiency
How do get rid of dark spots?
There are various approaches and ways to treat dark spots. Dark spots are usually harmless until they become bothersome. The treatments include-
- The conventional line of treatment may include retinoids and hyaluronic acid
- Facial skin treatments which may include glycolic acids like chemical peels or whitening treatment
- Oral medications like glutathione supplements
- Skincare solutions like applying sunscreen
- Natural solutions like vitamin C serum
- Home remedies
In the case of stubborn dark spots, it is important to treat the cause from its root which will help in rectifying and fading away the dark spots.
Did you know? The real facts about dark spots
According to the American Academy of Dermatology(AAD), once a person eliminates the cause of dark spots and allows them to heal, the existing dark spots will typically fade within 6- 12 months. However, as per the protocol, daily usage of sunscreen with higher SPF is a must to fade away and prevent the sun from darkening it further.
It is important to take into consideration some essential natural solutions which will accelerate the process of healing the skin and fading away the dark spots.
This is the main reason we suggest you put home remedies and natural skin care products into use for fading dark spots. Remember, nature is the best healer. What better than natural skin care products can work in healing and fading away the dark spots? Here are some natural solutions and home remedies for dark spots.
Top 5 Home remedies and natural solutions for dark spots
The natural solutions and home remedies for dark spots are as follows-
- Vitamin C - Lemon
- Kojic acid - Fermented rice water
- Lactic acid- Milk
- Hyalournic acid-oranges and grapefruits
- Botanical extract - Curcumin extract
- Coconut water - Natural detox
- Tea tree oil - Essential oils
- Honey- Natural exfoliant
One of the best solutions is to switch to natural skincare products having these essential natural ingredients and botanical extracts which can help fade away dark spots and get rid of them over time.
Prevention Tips for Dark Spots
It is possible to reduce the risk of developing dark spots. Some important prevention tips for dark spots are as follows-
- Wearing sunscreen of SPF 30
- Avoiding direct sunlight between 10 am to 4 pm
- Moisturizing daily with serum and moisturizers
- Treating the skin conditions like acne
- Avoid harsh exfoliants
- Avoiding stepping out in sun after a skincare routine
- Stress management
- Keeping yourself hydrated
- Maintaining healthy diet
- Exercising regularly and sweating out