There are a host of eyebrow products out there, but the most popular nowadays are Eyebrow Gels and Eyebrow Powders. If you are new to the beauty world then you may wonder what each of these is and what to do with them? Are they only for chic, experienced women who juggle a host of makeup tools daily? Or even newbies can achieve good-looking brows with them? Well, to tell you the truth— anybody can use eyebrows gels and powders well. They only need to know how to work with them.
So here’s our blog on eyebrow gels and eyebrow powders — what are they and how to use them?
At its base, an eyebrow gel is nothing but a powder that is mixed into a solution to form a gel. This makes it creamy and viscous in consistency, easy to apply, and glossy too. Pomades are also an alternative to eyebrow gels that were used widely back in the day. They help in setting the eyebrow hairs as well as for tinting them.
Eyebrow gels come in a variety of shades. The most coveted colors, obviously, are the shades of black, brown, and taupe. Clear brow gels are also pretty popular nowadays, with the ‘natural eyebrow look' being the newest trend in the beauty world.
Why are Eyebrow Gels so popular?
- Instagram gave eyebrow gels a platform for the masses when makeup artists and influencers began to use them to get lots of different looks.
- Gels are also pretty easy to use as they don’t need any pre-prep on the eyebrows.
- Over the last few years, brow gels have become essential in every vanity.
- Eyebrow gels also happen to suit every skin type and skin tone, working to create thick, dark brows as well as neat and natural ones too.
- They are mostly smudge-proof and waterproof, and last you the entire day.
- They are great to give finishing touches.
How to Use:
- Usually, brow gels come with their brush or spoolie for application.
- You can apply the gel to clean, brushed brows.
- Clear brow gels are also widely used while shaping, trimming, and waxing the eyebrows as they settle the hairs in one direction.
- Many women like using tinted eyebrow gels to outline their brows for more definition.
- While there are also women who prefer filling in with a gel that is lighter than their eyebrow color for a softer, more natural look.
Brow gels may need a minute or two to dry, but that’s forgivable, given how easy and convenient they are. It is also quite easy to blend the gel, so if you wish to achieve an ‘ombre’ brow then eyebrow gels are the best!
- By the current trends, always go a shade lighter when selecting an eyebrow gel. The exact shade of your hair color will make your eyebrows stand out as if you have drawn them with a marker.
- However, for women with lighter or blonder hair colors, it is recommended to step a shade higher while choosing eyebrows gels. Popular opinion in beauty circles points at the fact that slightly darker eyebrows with blonder head hair look great.
- Make sure you have brushed and shaped your eyebrows before applying the gel, as after that you cannot mess with the set hairs.
- While applying the brow gel, always use a good, high-quality spoolie or brush.
- Do not ever apply the gel directly from the tube or pot. Instead, spread some on the back of your hand and use it as a palette to apply from.
- Screw the top of your brow gel pot tight because they tend to dry pretty fast.
Eyebrow powders are tinted powders made up of minerals, dyes, activated charcoal, and other ingredients. They are mainly used to fill some color into the sparse sections of the brow. And also as a settling product at the end of your makeup routine. All skin types can use eyebrow powders but women with oily skin must specifically use them. They absorb excess oils from the eyebrow and give you a matt look.
For women with very thin or fine eyebrows, you can use brow powders to fill them in with the help of a stencil. An eyebrow pencil can then be used to outline the brows.
- Just like with eyebrows gels, in the case of eyebrow powders also you must always go for a shade lighter than your brows.
- In powders, it becomes even more imperative as the hairs of your brow give the texture, but the body is built by powder.
- If you go for darker powder then you will see your eyebrows popping out with a very unnatural look.
- The best use of brow powders is for giving a diffused and soft look.
How to Use:
- Do your face makeup first.
- Eyebrow Powders always need a primer, so apply a brow primer first.
- This helps in the powder gripping better and lasting longer.
- To apply, use a straight-angled fine brush. It gives better precision.
- Apply with light strokes and make sure to go in the direction of hair growth.
- Make sure to outline lightly using the tip of the brush.
- Then go ahead and fill the body of the eyebrow. Ensure that you keep your hand light.
- Run a spoolie to blend the powder for a natural look. It also helps the powder to settle nicely.
- You can also apply brow powder after applying eyebrow gel. This gives your brows more definition and a thicker appearance.
- Less is more. When it comes to brow powder, don’t tap in a lot, but just dust the powder palette. It is best if you also dust the brush on the back of your hand before applying so that excess product is removed.
- Before using eyebrow powder, it is recommended you use a good brow pencil of a similar shade to outline your brow. This gives you a soft definition to work around the shape.
- Always diffuse the edges by blending with a spoolie at the end.
You saw how easy and fun eyebrow gels and powders are? Now that you know how to apply them and try out the many looks you have been coveting, it is time to start. And you should start with the Savarnas Mantra Brow Care section. We have a wide collection of brow powders and natural brow gels for you to choose from, ranging from blacks to browns to taupe and clear. So what are you waiting for?
Savarnas Mantra® Natural Brow Gel
The perfect product to settle wayward hairs in your eyebrows, our Natural Brow Gel holds the shape as well as gives a beautiful tint! Brow gels are known to impart some fullness to your brows, and our range of shades do that by giving your eyebrows a clean finish. Also, you need not worry about the health of your eyebrow hairs as our experts have added Pro-Vitamin B5 to this formula.
We offer you a number of colors:
- Soft Black
- Dark Brown
- Gives you a clear style and good finishing.
- Conditions your eyebrows.
- The product doesn’t feel gummy, even after drying.
- It holds strong and lasts all day.
- Improves hair health thanks to Pro vitamin B5.
Savarnas Mantra® Brow Powder Collection
We bring to you a revolutionary product that helps you define your eyebrows as well as create different looks easily. Our eyebrow powders equip you for all your makeup adventures, by serving you with a wide variety of shades.
- Light Brown
- Dark Brown
- Medium Brown
- Dark Blonde
- Soft Black
- Soft Jet Black
- Soft Charcoal
- All brow powders are waterproof.
- No mineral oil is used.
- They give you a soft, finished look.