Eyebrow wrinkles can take away the look of your brows. As we age, skin texture and structure also change. Fine lines and wrinkles are part of the aging process. Reversing eyebrow wrinkles can be very challenging. However, preventing them is possible. This article focuses on causes, symptoms, and prevention tips for eyebrow wrinkles. So, achieve beautiful eyebrows with the best solutions to prevent eyebrow wrinkles.
What are eyebrow wrinkles?
Fine lines between or above your brows are called eyebrow wrinkles. Many of us often refer to these vertical lines between brows or above as frown lines. Clinically, they are termed glabellar lines. Scientifically as the name suggests, the space between two eyebrows is called the glabella. So, the fine lines cropping up due to aging are termed glabellar lines.
Location of eyebrow wrinkles.
The location of eyebrow wrinkles is as follows-
- Between two brows - glabella.
- Located at the forehead.
- Located below eyebrows and on top of eyelids known as eyebrow creases.
- Heavy droopy eyebrows due to eyebrow sagging.
Causes of eyebrow wrinkles.
The main reasons for eyebrow wrinkles or creases are as follows-
- Dryness of the area around the eyebrows.
- Lack of elasticity of skin due to aging.
- Skin type and skin texture.
- Repeated facial expressions causing skin folding such as laughing, yawning, talking, and smiling.
- Overexposure to sun rays.
- Smoking and alcohol.
- Nutritional deficiencies such as lack of protein in the diet.
- Pressure on the face while sleeping on the stomach with a face on the pillow or sleeping on the sides.
Symptoms of eyebrow wrinkles.
Over time, lines may appear around the eyebrows and form wrinkles. If eyebrow wrinkles are not taken care of at the initial stage, some people may notice complications which are as follows-
- Dryness of skin around brows.
- Peeling or scaling of skin around brows.
- Forehead furrows.
- Crow’s feet around eyes with smile lines around lips.
- Spreading of fine lines and wrinkles to other parts of the face.
- Heavy droopy eyebrows due to eyebrow sagging causing hooding of eyelids.
Treatment for eyebrow wrinkles.
There are many treatment options to prevent eyebrow wrinkles. These may include non-invasive, minimally invasive, and invasive solutions.
There are many treatments available to smoothen the skin around the eyebrows and regain the youthfulness of skin. The results of the treatment may vary depending on the intensity of the eyebrow wrinkles. Some of the treatments for eyebrow wrinkles are as follows:
- Intense hydration with natural moisturizers such as bio marine moisturizers.
- Following an eyebrow care routine with eyebrow nourishing oil and eyebrow serum.
- Antioxidant-enriched skin care products with Vitamin A, C, E, and CoQ10.
- Using facial serums enriched with hyaluronic acid
- Using natural stem cell peptides enriched serums to boost collagen.
- Mild exfoliation with alpha and beta hydroxy acid (AHAs and BHAs) can help.
- Eyebrow and skin treatments with glycolic peels under the supervision of a beauty specialist.
- Minimal invasive solutions: Microneedling and Botox as collagen induction therapy with a specialist.
- Invasive surgical procedures such as facelifts may help in severe cases.
No matter which skin or eyebrow treatment you opt for, following preventive solutions is a must to prevent the spread and reoccurrence of wrinkles.
Prevention of eyebrow wrinkles.
The best way to prevent eyebrow wrinkles is to get started with some anti-aging solutions. It is important to get started at an early age of around 30 years even before wrinkles start to form. Knowing and eliminating the causes and the risk factors can help prevent eyebrow wrinkles. Here are some of the best prevention tips for eyebrow wrinkles.
- Consume a healthy diet with protein, antioxidant foods, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Apply sunscreen daily.
- Wear sunglasses for UV protection to protect the skin around the eyes.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water.
- Destress with the management of stress levels.
- Practice yoga.
- Sweat it out with exercises like walking or jogging.
- Practice facial yoga and exercises to tone facial muscles.
- Practice sleeping on your back.
- Opt for intense moisturization with Vitamin E-enriched products.
- Choose natural anti-aging skincare solutions.
- Do not rub the skin around your eyebrows or eyes while removing makeup.
- Limit facial expressions such as frowning. Keep smiling and stay happy.
- Use natural toners enriched with witch hazel and skip conventional toners containing alcohol.
- Use good quality eyebrow makeup products.
- Choose a natural makeup remover that does not strip natural oils from the skin.