“Eyes are a mirror to your soul.” This is quite true! Majority of us end up pampering our skin for beautiful looks. But, eyes are the first to get noticed even before you speak. It needs extra attention, pampering, love, and care. Pampering your brows, and lashes are not enough. You need to pay close attention to the skin around your eyes as well. Yes, we are talking about the under-eye skin and skin around your eyes which also includes the eyelids. One skincare product that can change the way you look is “Eye Cream.” Let us discover some amazing benefits of eye cream and why you should use it.
Importance of eye cream
Beauty is what your eyes communicate. This is the natural essence of beauty. Yes, we all still hold traditional beauty thoughts with stronger roots and elements for the best and most beautiful looks. With the evolution of advancements in the beauty industry, new skincare and makeup products are trending every minute. One such skin care product that is least shopped are eye creams. Many of us do not indulge in the daily ritual of using eye cream. Just skin moisturization is not enough for under eyes. You need an extra punch of hydration for boosting under-eye skin health. Eye creams should be considered a staple skincare product for beautiful eyes in your beauty routine.
Research on the skin around the eyes
As per research, it is confirmed that the skin around the eyes has the thinnest and super fine texture as compared to facial or body skin. Do you know why? Here are the reasons.
- The skin around the eyes lacks subcutaneous fat making it most delicate in nature and vulnerable to damage.
- The skin around the eyes is devoid of any oil and sweat glands.
- It lacks collagen and fibers making it the most delicate area of the body.
This makes the skin around the eyes very delicate and sensitive as compared to normal facial skin. It needs extra attention and care. Apart from face moisturizers, you need to add an element of eye cream for beautiful looks. Using an eye cream can help deliver effective results for the nourishment of under-eye skin and skin around the eyes.
Why is the skin around the eyes more prone to damage?
The skin around the eyes is more prone to damage mainly due to two reasons which are as follows-
- Facial expressions such as smiling, laughing, or frowning.
- Exposure to harmful UV rays.
The skin around the eyes is the most vulnerable to aging. This is where targeted eye creams come into action for beautiful eyes.
Eye creams are specially designed and formulated for the delicate skin around the eyes. So, switch over to high-maintenance beauty with minimalist yet essential elements with the use of eye cream. Let us take a sneak peek into the top benefits of under-eye cream in the next part of the article.
Top benefits of the eye cream
The main important benefits of eye cream are as follows-
- Reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Prevents puffiness of eyes or under-eye bags.
- Helps prevent sunken eyes due to saggy eye tissues.
- Prevents premature aging.
- Provides natural uplift by preventing saggy skin below brows.
- Provides a natural glow to the eyes by reducing eye fatigue and eye stress.
- Prevents droopy eyelids.
- Gentle massage with eye cream helps boost blood circulation around the eyes.
- Helps boost oxygen supply and nutrient absorption with eye cream.
- Delivers intense hydration to the area around the eyes.
- Helps achieve smoother, plumper, and firmer skin around the eyes.
- Helps prevents fine lines and wrinkles due to the normal aging process.
- Formulated specifically for the skin around the eyes and is considered safe for the eyes.
- Suitable for sensitive skin around the eyes.
- Helps in the flawless and smooth application of eye makeup.
- Lightweight in nature as compared to moisturizers and easily absorbable.
- Helps protect the skin barrier around the eyes.
That's not all! The list is endless for the benefits of eye cream. You must consider adding a good eye cream to your skincare routine daily for better-desired results.
DAB TO FAB!
Incorporating eye cream into daily skincare routine can work wonders for the area around the eyes. You just need to take care to choose the best eye cream to achieve efficacy formulated to suit your skin type and concerns.
The right way to use eye cream is to follow the golden rule of - “Less is more.” Just take a tiny bit of the eye cream on your right ring finger and dab it around your eyes. Massage it gently with the ring finger which has the most delicate pressure for sensitive skin around the eyes. Allow it to absorb for 30-60 seconds. You can use the eye cream pre and post-makeup or maybe just before bedtime.