While you put in a lot of effort to look flawless, acne pops on the skin, putting it all in vain. It’s not always facial acne, but several conditions are more annoying and painful than normal acne on the skin. Yes, it’s nothing but the acne between the eyebrows. No matter how well you try to define them, these pimples can spoil their entire look. Most of you might have already faced this situation or maybe still struggling to find a permanent solution to cure the acne on the eyebrows. At the same time, there might be many who have tried different skincare products and home remedies to cure and eradicate them. Today’s blog post will shed some light on eyebrow acne, its causes, treatment and methods to prevent them- keep reading to discover them all;
Causes for Acne On and Between the Brows
These pesky and painful pimples between the eyebrows look so annoying, almost like a small bump that grabs everybody’s attention while you’re conversing. Wondering what is causing these pimples? There are several reasons behind it, but according to the American Academy of Dermatology, these painful pimples on the eyebrows are caused due to clogged pores and dead skin cells. Let’s get to know the reasons in detail;
The reason for facial acne is known to all the same way; when the sebaceous glands produce excess sebum, it badly affects the pores by clogging them. Besides, it also leads to acne-causing bacteria. Now all these end up clogging the pores and paving for acne. So the overproduction of sebum is one of the major reasons behind these painful, pesky pimples between the eyebrows.
We often care for the skin and do much to keep them problem-free. Still, sometimes we don’t realize that the cosmetics that are being used regularly can also be the cause of the pimples between the eyebrows. According to research, the cosmetics and the tools used for it can be the culprit behind the painful acne on the eyebrows. Using comedogenic skincare products, low-quality makeup products, or even dirty brushes can lead to pimples on the brows.
The hormonal fluctuations are a major cause of pimples on the skin. They are commonly seen in females, especially during pregnancy, menopause, menstruation etc. Certain birth control pills can also cause hormonal fluctuations.
To keep the eyebrows in shape, most of us opt for different methods, like tweezing, waxing etc., which can result in ingrown hairs. Now, these hairs collect debris and impurities and block the hair follicles, causing infection or discomfort; eventually, it gives rise to acne between the eyebrows.
Some other reasons for the pimples between the brows can be diet, genetics, stress, and at times it can be caused even by frequently touching your face.
How to Treat the Acne On and Between the Brows?
Like normal acne on the skin, there are a few effective home remedies that can help reduce irritation and swelling on the skin.
Warm compress: Using a cloth soaked in warm water and pressing it against the acne for a few minutes helps reduce the swelling.
Aloe Vera: Apply aloe vera gel (fresh gel) to the infected area and rinse off after ten minutes.
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil diluted with a carrier oil can be applied to the pimples as a spot treatment.
Rosehip Oil: This natural oil helps reduce inflammation and swelling. You may use it topically on the skin or choose a supplement formulation.
Prescription Medications and OTC:
Benzoyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, Glycolic acid and retinoid are some of the commonly preferred and effective OTC to treat eyebrow pimples.
However, if the skin condition is worsening or prolonging, it’s wise to get prescription medication from a dermatologist.
How to Prevent Acne between the Eyebrows
- Make it a practice to clean your eyebrows when you cleanse your face. A gentle and mild natural cleanser like the Savarnas Mantra Natural Rose Cleanser helps eliminate the impurities and build-ups from the eyebrows and keep them clean. If you feel that your normal cleansing routine isn’t working well, you may even try your hand at double cleansing too.
- Use only products with a non-comedogenic label for skincare and makeup. Choose quality brow makeup cosmetic products to use on your eyebrows. Check out Savarnas Mantra’s brow cosmetic range if you want to get hold of the best quality brow makeup products that can help you create impeccable eyebrows.
- Clean the makeup brushes, tools and sponges you use on the skin.
- Avoid popping or picking the pimples, as it can irritate them and worsen the skin condition.
- Make sure to cleanse and exfoliate the brows before and after the hair removal method and apply a moisturizer. You may even try a nourishing eyebrow oil to keep the brows moisturized, nourished and strong. Savarnas Eyebrow Nourishing oil is a natural composition crafted to nurture the eyebrows with the finest natural ingredients.