To keep the skin healthy, we must ensure it receives all essential vitamins. It is why most dermatologists often stress the importance of adding vitamins into your daily diet. However, some studies have also proved that vitamins can contribute a lot to maintaining soft and radiant skin not only when consumed but also when it's topically applied to the skin. One such vitamin which can benefit your skin in numerous ways is Vitamin E. Get to know the benefits of Vitamin E and make it a part of your skincare to bring out that natural glow. Read on;
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is an excellent antioxidant and a fat-soluble vitamin that safeguards the cells from damage. This essential vitamin is found in our sebum, which helps form a natural barrier that keeps our skin moist.
Benefits of Vitamin E on Skin:
Being a rich source of antioxidants, it helps reduce inflammation, evens skin tone and protects the skin from damage. Vitamin E greatly nourishes the skin and also helps moisturizers work better. Let's take a peek at some of the other benefits of Vitamin E;
- It helps reduce hyperpigmentation on the skin: According to studies, Vitamin E helps reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots on the skin.
- Delays the aging signs: It's a known fact that dry skin is one of the main reasons for aging. In addition, people with dry skin are more likely to display early signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E is best known for its moisturizing property; hence when used on the skin, it helps delay the aging process.
- Nourishes the skin: Vitamin E nourishes and safeguards the skin from free radical damage when applied topically to the skin.
- Softens the Skin: Vitamin E, when topically used on the skin, effectively reduces the appearance of dark spots, sun damage etc. Besides, it helps improve the skin's texture, providing soft and smooth skin.
Best Ways to Use Vitamin E for a Healthy Skin
Including Vitamin E can bring a lot of difference to the skin. Moreover, there are multiple ways to use this essential vitamin;
Include in your daily diet:
Adding foods rich in Vitamin E is one of the easiest ways to get sufficient Vitamin E. The foods known to be rich in Vitamin E are broccoli, spinach, kiwi, nuts and mango. Similarly, oils like corn oil and sunflower seed oil contain a rich source of Vitamin E.
The next option would be to take them in the supplement form. Vitamin E is an essential vitamin for the skin, eyes and the whole body, but consuming excess of this vitamin is stored as fat. And so, it's always recommended to discuss with your healthcare provider before starting any vitamin supplements.
Apply Vitamin E oil on the skin:
The topical application of Vitamin E helps tackle dryness on the skin. But it isn't recommended for oily skin, as your skin has adequate Vitamin E through sebum production.
How to use?
Take two to three drops of Vitamin E oil into your palm and slightly massage it into your face and neck. Leave it on the skin for ten to fifteen minutes and rinse off.
Use skincare products containing Vitamin E
Skincare products containing Vitamin E are another best option to add this essential vitamin to your skin; especially the moisturizers containing Vitamin E are great on dry skin. Moreover, you get splendid varieties of skincare products like facial oils, serums, and creams containing Vitamin E.
Best Vitamin E Serum to Include in Skincare
Looking for a skincare product containing the benefits of Vitamin E? Scroll down;
Natural Vitamin E + Squalane Serum by Savarnas Mantra®: The serum is made using the perfect blend of natural ingredients that can nurture, protect, moisturize and reinforce your skin. Using the serum on your face helps combat dryness. The Vitamin E serum is perfect for dry skin and works great on normal skin types.
Benefits of Using Vitamin E serum:
- Provides vitamins and minerals to the skin
- Safeguards against early aging
- Intensely moisturizes the skin
- Helps heal damaged skin
How to Use:
You may include the serum in your daily skincare routine, especially with the night skincare routine.
Step 1: Start by cleansing the skin.
Step 2: Spray your toner
Step 3: When the skin is still damp, apply two to three drops of Natural Vitamin E + Squalane Serum to the face. Just wait for a few minutes to dry completely before hitting the bed.
Adding essential vitamins to your skin can deliver amazing results, and no doubt Vitamin E is one such powerful vitamin that can provide you with healthy and soft skin.