Makeup products are loved by most of us. We even like to experiment with different makeup looks and try different products. But how many of you are cleansing it off before dozing off? It’s pretty sure that most of you will be skipping this process very often. Now, let me clarify if anybody forgets or skips the makeup removal step at night, your skin is getting damaged. As we all know, makeup removal is one of the most essential and mandatory parts of skincare. There are days where you are fully tired and want to hit the sack at the earliest possible. No matter how tired you are, you need to ensure that the makeup is removed perfectly from the skin and is cleansed well. Want to know about the benefits of makeup removal? Scroll down to get to know them in detail.
Benefits of Makeup Removal:
Removing the makeup is one of the essential steps in the skincare ritual. When you count the benefits, they are numerous.
- Keep the skin clean: Makeup removal eliminates the makeup residues, dirt, and grime from the skin. If the impurities are stuck on your skin, it may lead to skin allergies, irritation, and various skin problems.
- Aids in skin renewal: Using the right makeup remover aids in boosting the renewal process by removing the dead skin.
- Make the skin fresh: When all the dirt and impurities are removed from the skin. The skin is fresh and clean; hence it allows the skin to breathe. It keeps the skin fresh and healthy too.
- Reduces skin problems: The makeup and other impurities on the skin lead to various skin concerns like pimples, blemishes, irritation, and redness, etc. And so, using a makeup remover is vital to keep the skin free from these skin problems.
Now, what happens to the skin if the makeup is not removed properly?
If the face is not cleansed well, the makeup residues and other impurities will get clogged, leading to skin irritation and causing breakouts.
The makeup trapped on your skin for a long time can lead to wrinkles and other early aging signs.
Blackheads are one of the major skin concerns for many. Have you ever thought that makeup residue can be the reason for blackheads? Yes, if the makeup isn’t removed well from the skin causes blackheads, which can be hard to remove.
Dry skin can be a nightmare for many. In fact, nobody wants that dry, flaky, and rough skin. Now how is the makeup residue related to dry skin? If you forget to remove the makeup before hitting the bed, it causes inflammation of your skin. This skin inflammation can cause irritation, dryness, and redness to the skin.
Causes Eye irritation:
The makeup left on the face can cause more irritation and harm to your eyes than your face. If left on the skin, the eye products may cause severe irritation and discomfort to the eyes, which in turn cause infection and may lead to hair fall of the eyelashes.
Dried and chapped lips:
We’ve seen the condition of face and eyes; now what about the lips? Wearing your favorite matte lipstick for the whole day and then sleeping with makeup on for the night will make your lips dry, rough, and chapped. The wiser decision is to get rid of the tints from the lips and moisturize them well with a lip balm.
Easiest Yet the Best Ways to Remove the Makeup?
- Before touching the face, wash your hands well.
- Take the required quantity of makeup remover onto a cotton pad. The easiest and best way is to use a cotton pad, but some products can be used directly onto the skin.
- Saturate the pad with the makeup remover. Wipe the cotton pad with makeup remover over your face. Make sure that you don’t rub harshly.
- You may repeat the process until you are sure that the makeup and impurities are removed thoroughly from the skin.
- Rinse the face with warm water, or you may even use a soft cloth/towel rinsed with hot water and gently wipe it on your face to remove the residues.
- Ensure that the eye and lip areas are cleansed well with no residue left on the skin.
- Apply a facial toner after cleansing the face followed by your favorite moisturizer or serum. That’s it; you’re good to go.
How to choose the right makeup remover?
When it comes to makeup remover, you get plenty of products in the market. They are available in various types like oil cleansers, makeup remover wipes, cleansing balms, micellar water, and cleansing lotions. You may choose a product that goes well with your skin type.
While hunting for makeup removers for the face, look for a gentle product on the skin that is free from harsh ingredients. Wanna know about the best makeup remover in town? Scroll down;