Plucking or tweezing brows is an art and skill. Yes, you too can achieve it with precision and perfection. It is just a matter of getting a perfect tweezer or plucker for your brows. Choosing the right pair of eyebrow essentials is very important to achieve beautiful brows with the best shape. Let us go ahead to rediscover how to tweeze brows with precision.
With this blog, we will provide you with some professional tips on how to tweeze brows with the best eyebrow essentials.
What is eyebrow tweezing?
Eyebrow tweezing is one of the eyebrow-shaping methods which helps in removing the extra brow growth with precision for a more detailed, and accurate eyebrow structure.
How to tweeze brows with precision?
Following the right technique for tweezing brows will not only give you perfectly shaped brows but will also help you enjoy eyebrow shaping with a comforting and pain-free experience. Here are a few important steps before you plan out to tweeze your brows. Lets us get started.
- Soften your skin with warm water or a hot shower before eyebrow tweezing.
- Wash your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel to open up pores.
- Brush your brows upwards and outwards.
- Identify the direction of brow hair. Pulling in direction of eyebrow growth can make it easier.
- Map out your brows with an eyebrow pencil.
- Hold the pair of tweezers like you hold an eyebrow pencil.
- Practice with some tweezing before you get started with your brows.
- Place the tip of the tweezer at the hair root your want to pluck.
- Get as close to the hair root as possible and pull it in the direction of hair growth.
- Keep and maintain the eyebrow tweezers in the same direction as close to your skin as possible.
- Continue this until you have finished tweezing brows and repeat the same for the next brow.
- Take some breaks and resume plucking your brows.
- Check and monitor eyebrow thickness, brow arch, and extra hair growth.
- Eliminate extra hair and irregular hair in the eyebrow area.
- Keep a tab of the start and end-point of the brows.
- The entire process should take you about 10-25 minutes which may vary from person to person depending on the speed, technique, and brow status or needs.
- Ensure to use the best eyebrow essentials for tweezing brows like tweezers, spoolie brushes, eyebrow scissors, and more. You can also prepare your handy eyebrow kit.
- Brush your brows at the end.
Did you know following the right technique can minimize the side-effects or disadvantages of eyebrow tweezing? Yes, let us check out the disadvantages of tweezing brows and how to minimize and prevent them in the next part of the article.
What are the disadvantages of tweezing brows?
Tweezing brows yourself may have disadvantages such as
- Painful eyebrow tweezing.
- Redness and irritation of brow area post-tweezing.
- Irregular eyebrow growth.
- Uneven bilateral brows.
- The wrong way of tweezing brows may damage the brow follicle.
- A time-consuming process as it is often considered a DIY (Do-It-Yourself).
- Over-tweezing quite often may hamper brow growth.
- Potential scarring.
- Eyebrow pitting
- Ingrown hair.
How to minimize and prevent the disadvantages of tweezing brows?
Here are the best ways to prevent the disadvantages and side-effects of tweezing brows.
- A warm water shower before eyebrow tweezing can help.
- Regular eyebrow exfoliation on weekly basis can eliminate the clogged pores.
- Following the right procedure and techniques for tweezing brows can prevent uneven or irregular brows.
- Following an eyebrow care routine with eyebrow nourishing oil can keep brow dryness at bay. This helps in brow growth and easy eyebrow tweezing making brows soft.
- Using the right eyebrow makeup quality can help maintain eyebrow health.
- Using the best quality makeup remover can prevent clogged pores or eyebrow infections.
- Ensure to choose the best quality eyebrows essentials like tweezers or brow gel.
- Icing post eyebrow tweezing can help.
- You can also apply some cool aloe vera gel to tighten the pores.
Are tweezing brows better than waxing brows?
Tweezing brows has many benefits over waxing them. You have more control over your brows and can focus precisely on each hair. It is affordable, easy, and a great do-it-yourself option that can last for weeks at a time.
How often should I consider tweezing brows?
It is recommended to tweeze brows once in 2 weeks to eliminate the extra out of shape brow hairs for perfect brow grooming. Dr. Rati Parwani strongly recommends consulting an eyebrow specialist for your brows once in a month which will help you maintain the best eyebrow shape to allow you to carry on with your eyebrows with pride the rest of the month.
Are tweezing brows painful?
Tweezing brows can hurt and be painful especially if you are doing it for the first time. The best time to tweeze brows is after a warm water shower which helps to open the pores softening the hair follicles and make the entire process of tweezing eyebrow a painless process. This may prevent the redness and irritation due to tweezing.