Are you suffering from open pores and pits on the skin? Well, you are on the right page with us. It can take away a healthy smooth flawless look from your face. There is a higher chance of accelerated and premature aging if your skin is prone to open pores. Let us get started to give you all the related information about open pores. Stay tuned for more to combat it naturally and in the right way.
What are open pores?
Pores are a normal part of the skin. They allow the skin to breathe. However, enlarged pores are the cause of concern. They are visible to the naked eye and cause uneven and rough skin.
Types of Skin Pores
There are 3 types of skin pores-
- O-shaped - These are likely to be seen in the T zone.
- U-shaped - This is commonly seen in dry-skinned people.
- Y- Shaped - This is commonly seen in aging skin with reduced collagen production.
How do you identify open pores?
Open pores often appear like pits. This will hamper the smooth texture of the skin. This uneven skin tone is prone to the deposition of gunk, oil, sebum, and dirt which may result in blackheads and whiteheads.
Incidence of open pores
The skin with open pores is commonly seen in the following individuals
- People with oily and combination skin
- People prone to acne
- Elderly age group
Reasons for open pores
The reasons for open pores are as follows-
- Aging factors are especially seen in andropause in men and menopause in women
- Poor skincare
- Wrong quality of skin care products
- Reduced elasticity and collagen production of the skin
- Thick hair follicles
- Sun damage or overexposure to the sun
- Excessive sebum production
- Post acne scars
- Nutritional deficiency - especially Vitamin A deficiency
- Clogged pores with dirt, sweat, and makeup
- Hormonal irregularities like thyroid and PCOS
Diagnosis of open pores
Open and enlarged pores can be diagnosed by visual assessment by your beauty expert.
The following parameters are taken into consideration while assessing the open pores.
- Pore size
- Pore Location
- Number of pores
- Pore density
- Skin type
- Skin concerns associated with open pores
- Skin area affected by open pores
- Duration of open pores
- Cause of open pores
- Progression of open pores in last 2 months
- Usage of makeup
- Usage of skincare products
Depending on these parameters, it is advised to use the right solution for your skin. However, the best action for open pores is a natural solution with gentle, natural, and plant-based skin care products.
Can open pores be treated naturally?
It is impossible to close the open pores completely. Do not worry. There is some good news to shrink the pores naturally. This is usually the way your skin projects based on tendencies. However, you can reduce the severity and intensity of open pores with some natural solutions. There are some precautions that can be taken to shrink pores and reduce pore size and further prevent skin damage.
You can opt for natural toners with botanical extracts which can shrink the size of pore with regular usage.
Quick Natural Solutions for Open Pores
The quick best natural solutions for open pores on the skin-
- Cooling aloe vera gel
- Ice cubes
- Splashing cold water
- Eat nutrient-rich foods
Skincare tips for Open Pores
The best skincare tips to follow for open pores are as follows-
- A gentle non-comedogenic cleanser can help prevent the clogging of pores
- Use sunscreen to protect the skin pores from UV damage
- Nourish your skin with Vitamin E and squalene-based moisturizer
- Use hyaluronic acid serum which boosts collagen production
- Natural pure Vitamin C serum can help with flawless smooth skin
- Use a clay mask to allow the skin to repair
- Ensure to use a natural herbal toner to shrink the pores after cleansing
- Use natural antioxidant-rich skincare products
- Follow your skin routine regularly
- Go for regular facials
Knowing about open pores can help you determine perfect solutions to treat open pores and minimize them.