Wrinkles can be difficult to control at times. Let us face the fact that aging is normal. But, addressing fine lines at an early age can be a great idea to keep wrinkles at bay. As you age, your skin produces less protein which is important for collagen and elastin. This makes your skin thinner and delicate. This results in the appearance of wrinkles in the long term. Before it's too late and damage is caused, it is advisable to take preventive measures to control wrinkles and fine lines.
Gray hair and wrinkles are common with aging. Be proud and confident of your skin to adopt some preventive measures which can help delay the process of aging in the right way. Do not panic or dread it because there is always an effective solution to these aging issues.
What are wrinkles?
Wrinkles are also known as “Rhytides” which are present on the folds of the skin. They start with the formation of fine lines and creases which form on your face or any part of the body.
At what age do wrinkles start?
Wrinkles and fine lines may start at 40+. It may also be seen at the early age of 30+ depending on the skin condition and other risk factors or triggering factors that stimulate the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Some may observe fine lines as early as 25 + years of age. The formation of fine lines and wrinkles may vary from person to person of different age groups. This may also be called “Premature aging.”
What are the causes of wrinkles?
The causes of wrinkles are as follows-
- Environmental conditions like dry climate
- Excessive dryness of skin
- Dehydrated skin
- Lack of vitamins
- Lack of moisturization
- Increase toxicity in the body
- Chronic disease
- Long term medications
- Hormonal imbalance
- Unhealthy diet
- Too much caffeine intake
- Alcohol and smoking
- Lack of protein in the diet
What is the scientific reason for aging?
As we age, there is a lack of vitamins and minerals in the body. Along with this, there is a lack of nutrients which includes-
- Macronutrients - carbs, proteins, and healthy fats
- Micronutrients- essential vital elements like vitamins and nutrients
Due to this, there is a lack of absorption of nutrients in the body which may affect the skin too. The lack of protein which helps in the formation of elastin and collagen may affect the skin. Aging causes a lack of protein. Even if you are including a sufficient amount of this macronutrient, there may be a lack of absorption of protein which affects not only the skin but also hair and your muscles.
Protein for skin and hair
Protein is first used up by your body for healthy muscles and then absorbed by the hair or skin. Lack of protein comes with aging and stress. Collagen and keratin are very important to boost skin and hair protein.
Can wrinkles be reversed?
Well, the answer is there are treatments to reverse the wrinkles and fine lines with botox and fillers. However, the efficacy of these treatments may not be forever or permanent. These treatments may or may not suit all. It is advisable to go for natural methods to prevent aging and control fine lines and wrinkles in the future.
Let us help check out how to get rid of wrinkles.
Prevention of wrinkles
Following a correct skincare routine can help you get rid of wrinkles and keep your skin healthy. You can follow some simple steps to prevent wrinkles and keep fine lines at bay. Start early at the age of 25 before you start noticing the signs of aging.
DIET & LIFESTYLE MODIFICATIONS
- Have a nutrient-rich diet packed with micronutrients and macronutrients
- Consume an anti- oxdidant-rich diet which helps in preventing damage to the skin
- Limit your sugar and caffeine intake
- Skip alcohol and quit smoking
- Boost beta carotene intake especially vitamin A
- Try green tea which is a potent anti-oxidant
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Sleep for good 8 hours and have a sound sleep
- De-stress yourself and avoid getting tension
- Include healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids in the diet
- Always wear sunscreen during day time even if weather is cloudy
- Switch to natural skin care products rather than conventional products
- Use nutrient-rich botanical extracts loaded with skincare products
- Use antioxidants for skin
- Ensure to use anti-aging serums with CoQ10 and Vitamin C
- Moisturize skin well and daily
- Use squalene and Vitamin E products
- Use a toner after cleansing
- Make sure to use a natural makeup remover
- Do not rub your skin while applying skincare or makeup products
There you go, follow these steps and keep wrinkles at bay. These are the best solutions for the youthful appearance of skin for years to come. Enjoy healthy skin with Savarnas Mantra today !!!