Good skin is a blessing, but keeping it healthy is an effort. One must be conscious, dedicated, and consistent in skincare. One of the most important rituals in skincare is face clean up. Something that everybody must do, irrespective of their skin type, color, age, or gender. Yes, men must also get a face clean up done from time to time. So here we discuss the benefits of face clean up with you, hoping that you will do it regularly instead of only on special occasions.
Now, you would also want to know how to do face clean up like a pro? Read on to find out!
What Is Face Clean Up?
The name is pretty self-explanatory. It is a simple skin-cleaning technique, which makes it easy to follow regularly. In face clean up you need a few products but they are basic ones. So if you already follow a skincare regime then you will definitely have them in your vanity.
It is recommended you do face clean up twice a week to notice visible changes in your skin texture, tone, and glow. It will take about half an hour at a time, but every minute is totally worth it.
Face Clean Up VS Facial
Superficially they may both sound the same, but there is one subtle difference between face clean up and facial. They both include steps like:
- Removal of whiteheads and blackheads
- Face pack
But facial has one more step — massage. In facial, the aesthetician gives your face and neck a gentle massage. This helps in stimulating better blood circulation. You can try this after your face clean up too, by gently moving your fingers in circular motions on your skin.
- Facial also takes longer than clean up, sometimes longer than an hour.
- The processes involved are also elongated and more intricately followed as it is done by an expert.
How to do Face Clean Up?
Start your face clean up by cleansing your face of:
- Excess oils
- Makeup residue
You can first use a makeup remover to clean all the makeup, then wash your face with a face wash, followed by a gentle natural cleanser to completely wipe your face of all impurities. Be very vigilant while cleaning crevices like under the eyes, behind the ear, under the jaw, and in the ridges of your nose. Stubborn dirt and makeup thrive in these places. Don’t ignore your lips either, and use a tissue to remove any lipstick and dead skin cells gently.
Use a soft washcloth to pat your face dry after your deep, double-cleansing.
After cleansing, the next step is steaming your face. You will need a facial steamer for this step, which is an electric container that boils water and lets out steam through a nozzle. This nozzle funnels the steam onto your face, which helps soften the skin and open up your pores.
- Keep your face a few inches off the steamer nozzle or bowl
- Cover your head with a thick towel to trap the steam for longer
- Steam for a maximum of 5 minutes, or until your skin can sustain the heat
- You can add a drop or two of essential oil in the water for relaxation, moisturizing and other benefits
- If you don’t have a steamer, then you can boil water in a steel pot and use that too
Now that your skin is soft, pliable and the pores are open, it is time to scrub off all the dead cells, dirt, blackheads, and whiteheads. All of these make your skin appear dull and dry. You can exfoliate using a chemical exfoliant, but there is a thrilling kind of fun in mechanically scrubbing your skin and finding dark dirt coming off. We suggest using a natural scrub that doesn’t have plastic beads and is rich in natural ingredients.
Using a blackhead remover tool, you can remove both black and whiteheads. Only, be careful while using them as they are sharp and can cause permanent scarring if used incorrectly.
At this point, it is recommended you rub an ice cube over your face to calm it and tighten the cleaned pores.
- Apply Face Pack
A face pack can be switched for a face mask too. They are mostly always interchangeable. This step is all about pampering your skin and rewarding it after the physical work you have put it through. If you have dry skin, put on a moisturizing face pack. While oily skin type benefits from oil-control clay masks. In a nutshell:
- Choose a pack or mask that suits your skin
- Apply it evenly across your face and neck
- Let it dry naturally for 10-20 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
After rinsing off the face mask, all you need to do is pat your skin dry and apply a gentle natural toner to refresh your skin. The toner will balance the pH of your skin, seal the pores, and make your face ready to absorb future products.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your face clean up. Now is the time to seal your skin’s moisture by applying an intense moisturizer. This helps retain and lock the moisture that might have been stripped off during the previous steps. There are a few natural creams and serums out there for hydration, but it is best if you go for a natural moisturizer.
Benefits of Face Clean Up Like a Pro:
- Regular face clean ups keep your skin free of dirt and impurities.
- You get rid of dead skin cells regularly so your skin glows naturally.
- Clean ups help you manage acne and pimples, as your pores get cleaned off of all excess oils and bacteria.
- Clean ups also keep your skin refreshed and rejuvenated.
- They also help you remove those stubborn blackheads and whiteheads.
- Last but not the least, face clean ups give your skin a long, pampering session!
Ready to become a face clean up pro already? Hold on a second! We haven’t introduced you to the skincare products you will be needing for your face clean up yet. At Savarnas Mantra, we have a wide range of natural skincare products that will help you make a perfect clean up session. Our products are made from 100% natural active ingredients, are cruelty-free, and based on expert formulae. Here are a few for your face clean up:
Makeup Remover & Cleansers
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Makeup Remover
Our oil-free natural make-up remover gently cleanses your skin of makeup, leaving it feeling fresh and clean. We don’t use any harsh chemical preservatives, instead only natural preservatives are added.
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Wheat Cleanser
Great for sensitive skin types too, our wheat cleanser has derivates of sunflower and coconut oils. It is fragrance-free and hormone-free too, leaving your skin feeling calm and clean.
Exfoliants for scrubbing
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Fruit Exfoliant
This exfoliant is packed with deep cleaning scrubbing beads and an invigorating scent that scrubs off dead skin cells. It minimizes open pores and also reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Scrub with this exfoliant regularly for smooth and glowing skin.
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Honey Exfoliant
Enriched with minerals and vitamins, this scrub not only clears the buildup of dead skin cells and impurities but also controls the texture and color of your skin. It is rich in amber granules and honey.
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural BioMarine Moisturizer
A great product for desert dry skin, this one is rich in brown sea algae. It enhances the skin’s ability to trap moisture, as well as balances it.
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Ultimate Nourishing Hyaluronic Moisturizer
This moisturizer feels light on the skin and is quick-absorbing. Rich in Hyaluronic acid and squalane, it nurtures the skin, restores hydration, and also helps with signs of aging.
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Oxygen Mask
Great for blemish and acne-affected skin, this mask cleanses deeply, soothes the skin, and makes it feel soft and supple.
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Revitalising Mask
As the name suggests, this mask helps in rejuvenating your skin. It not only infuses your skin with much-needed nutrients but also fights fatigue, improves dulled complexion, and restores moisture.