Lately, people are more cautious about what they put on their skin; many have switched their routine makeup and skincare products with natural and vegan ones; mainly because they are gentle on the skin and deliver excellent results without harming it. When we scroll through the ingredients list in skincare products, especially natural ones, we may often come across the term “botanical extracts” Do you know what exactly these natural ingredients do to your skin? If not, there is so much to explore about them- Read on;
What are Botanical Extracts?
Extracted from plants, botanical extracts are concentrated materials with therapeutic properties. They are extracted through various processes like oil infusions, cold pressing, and steam distillation in liquid or powder forms. These plant extracts are commonly found in hair and skin care products. People have been using them in traditional medicines for a long time. Now because of their amazing benefits, these ingredients have been used as the best natural alternative over synthetic ingredients in many skincare products over the last two decades.
Besides providing vitamins, minerals, and essential oils, these natural extracts contain a range of essential oils as well as proteins. Botanical extracts are added to skincare mainly because of their high antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. These natural plant extracts contain excellent healing properties and allow the skin to replenish.
Five Best Botanical Extracts for Skin
Get to know the best botanical extracts for skin, and be sure to pick the skincare products containing these potent plant extracts;
Aloe Vera Extracts
Most of us have used it on our skin and are familiar with its benefits. This plant is not only good for the skin but hair too.
- It hastens wound healing and is effective for cuts, burns, and injuries.
- It helps reduce scarring.
- It possesses powerful skin soothing properties and can be used to calm sunburn.
- It helps lighten the blemishes on the skin.
- It has excellent anti-aging properties because it contains vitamins C and E.
- It keeps the skin moisturized without making them feel greasy or clogging the pores.
- It helps soften the skin.
- It possesses high anti-inflammatory properties.
The next popular natural ingredient, chamomile, is one of the best tea flavors and is a great botanical extract for your skin. It is renowned for its ability to soothe and calm your mood. Same way, these natural extracts help soothe the skin. It’s an excellent remedy for treating eczema and acne because of its high anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Benefits on the skin;
- In addition to soothing sensitive skin, it is also excellent for treating skin disorders such as rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema.
- It helps reduce irritation and redness on the skin.
- With its high antibacterial properties, Chamomile effectively treats active acne breakouts and prevents them.
- This natural extract is sometimes referred to as “natural skin bleach” mainly because it lightens and brightens the skin by improving the blood flow.
- Using Chamomile on your skin protects them against environmental damage and defends against free radicals.
Rose & Rosehip Extracts
The rose and rosehip extracts can benefit the skin in numerous ways. Rose helps control excess oil and balances the skin’s pH levels. Furthermore, it soothes irritations and redness on the skin.
Skin Benefits of rose extracts include;
- Lessens the appearance of scars
- Keeps the skin hydrated
- Tackles the aging signs
The extracts of wild rose plant; rosehip is much more popular and is commonly used in skincare because of its benefits. The best part is that it suits almost every type of skin. Its skin benefits include;
- Skin brightening
- Protects against environmental stressors
- Soothes skin irritation and redness and reduces skin inflammation
- It keeps the skin hydrated.
Witch Hazel Extracts
Another natural ingredient that is popular in cleansers and toners is Witch Hazel. Witch hazel, the plant has excellent medicinal properties. Antioxidants, astringents, and anti-inflammatory properties make it a great remedy for skin problems, especially for skin healing.
Benefits on skin
- Reduces skin irritation
- Lessens inflammation
- Helps fight acne
- Tightens the pores
A natural ingredient rich in amino acids, minerals, and vitamins is suitable for all skin types. Seaweed extracts are famous for their soothing properties, making them an effective ingredient for skincare products.
- It helps control oil production.
- Cleanses and detoxifies
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Smooth out wrinkles
- Improves skin tone
Skincare Products Using Botanical Extracts
Want to protect, soothe and nourish your skin using natural ingredients; botanical extracts are an ideal choice. Savarnas Mantra’s Skincare range is tailored using excellent natural ingredients and botanical extracts that are extremely hydrating and nourishing for the skin.Botanical extracts are one of the safest ingredients that can be considered to include in your skincare products. Swiping the skincare products with natural alternatives can significantly impact your skin and provide you with healthy and glowing skin.