Dry skin is a big NO! It gives rise to many skin issues which disrupt overall skin health. If you are dealing with dry skin issues, we are here to help you out with the best skincare routine for dry skin, which you must follow. This blog will provide a complete holistic, comprehensive guide for tackling dry skin issues. Let's begin!
Before we provide you with the best skincare solutions for dry skin, let us give you a sneak peek into the causes, symptoms, and prevention of dry skin. Awareness about your skin issues will help you identify the problem and deal with it in the right way.
What is dry skin?
Dry skin is one of the common skin types which occurs when skin loses its natural moisture. Apart from lacking water, the skin cells also lack natural oils, which are a must to keep the skin naturally hydrated. The clinical term for dry skin is known as “Xeroderma.”
Causes of dry skin.
There are many causes of dry skin which are as follows-
- Environmental factors such as dry and cold climates.
- Sun damage.
- Using harsh skin care products which may strip off natural
- Over-cleansing or over-exfoliation of facial skin.
- Lack of water intake.
- Lack of skin moisturization in a skincare routine.
- Using too many makeup products.
- Skin issues such as allergy, dermatitis, or eczema.
- Endocrine issues such as hypothyroidism cause dry skin.
Symptoms of dry skin.
The symptoms of dry skin are as follows-
- Dull and dehydrated skin
- Itchy skin
- Discomfort and stretchy feeling of the skin
- Aging issues like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Flaking and scaling of the skin
- Rough textured skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Hyperpigmentation of skin.
- Damaged skin barrier
- Thin and fragile skin.
- Cuts and cracks of the skin in extreme cases.
Prevention measures for dry skin.
Here are some preventive tips to keep dry skin at bay.
- Increase water intake daily.
- Moisturization is the key.
- Switch over to gentle natural skincare essentials.
- Avoid harmful chemicals and sulfates in skincare.
- Choose cruelty-free and paraben-free skincare solutions.
- Choose hydrating serums infused with vitamin C.
- Always use sunscreen.
- Opt for facial oils with botanical extracts.
The ultimate skincare routine for dry skin.
If your skin is dry, there are higher chances to blame your skincare routine for this. Dry, and dehydrated skin needs intense moisturization. It is important to address it in the right way. Only focusing on moisturization is not enough. Your skin needs a complete skincare routine for dry skin, right from the best cleanser to hydrating moisturizer. Below is the ultimate skincare routine for dry skin to nourish it the right way.
- Step #1 Cleanse your face with gentle and effective face wash.
- Step #2 Soothe your skin with a natural toner.
- Step #3 Apply a hyaluronic acid serum for hydration and to lock in moisture.
- Step #4 Use a natural nourishing moisturizer.
- Step #5 Facial oils are best for dry skin.
- Step #6 A broad-spectrum UV sunscreen is a must daily.
- Step #7 Pamper your skin with a hydrating face mask.
- Step #8 Do not forget to nourish the skin below the eyes.
- Step #9 Exfoliate dull, dehydrated, and dead skin cells in the right way.
- Step #10 Include water, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids in the diet.
Follow these ten steps for hydrating, nourished skin which will help in a radiant glow from within.
Say goodbye to dull dry skin and welcome beautiful glowing skin with Savarnas Mantra skincare essentials.
Which type of serum is best for dry skin?
Natural hyaluronic acid face serum is ideal and the best choice for dry skin as it provides deep nourishment. This enhances the skin moisture content and helps improve the skin barrier functioning.
How to make the most out of your moisturizer?
Dampening your dry skin before you start applying moisturizer slightly is recommended. This helps in better and faster moisturizer absorption into the skin cells allowing it to penetrate the dry skin deeply.
Which foods should I avoid for dry skin?
It is recommended to avoid coffee, sugar, refined carbs, salty foods, and alcohol for dry skin.
Which foods should one consume for dry skin?
Consuming foods enriched with vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids for dry skin is advisable.
How long does it take to recover from dry skin?
The expected duration to recover from dry skin is one to two weeks. This should be addressed with intense moisturization. Itching and flakiness are generally reduced in 7 days of intense moisturization, making skin look softer and supple.