Shape & Flaunt your eyebrows Like a Pro: The Best Guide
Well-shaped eyebrows change the whole appearance of your face. Not only that, but they also bring about a spike in your confidence. We all have that one favorite aesthetician who knows just the right way to shape our eyebrows to perfection. But what if we have to do it ourselves at some point? How to go about it? Which tools to use? Which eyebrow shape to choose?
Here’s the best guide to shape and flaunt your eyebrows. Like a pro!
Before we start on how to go about shaping eyebrows, let’s first take a look at the variety of eyebrow shapes. Everybody is unique and has their own unique pair of eyebrows. But most eyebrow shapes fall into certain categories. So for best results, we need to identify our eyebrow shape, and then begin to trim and shape them.
There are 5 main types of eyebrow shapes —
- S-shaped: Starts with a dip, arches up softly, and then again comes down
- Soft-angled: The arc of the eyebrow is a soft curve
- Hard-angled: The arc of the eyebrow is a hard angle, like an inverted tick mark
- Rounded: The eyebrow shape is a simple curve
- Straight: A straight line, no curves or angles
The general rule of thumb is — shape your eyebrow according to its original shape. This enhances what nature gifted you. Having said that, you also need to take into consideration your face type, the current trend, and the thickness of your brows to shape them further.
Eyebrows and Face Shape
To get the most beautiful, most flattering eyebrows, it is very important to consider your face type.
Almost all eyebrow shapes suit an oval face type. But the most flattering is the soft-angled shape. It helps balance your features.
For a square face shape, go for straight, thick brows, with a soft, imperceptible arc. This draws attention to your eyebrows and eyes, and softens the angles of your face.
Hard-angled brows work wonders on a round face. The high vertical points of your brow angles create an illusion of a longer face. They also make the face look slimmer.
The rounded eyebrow shape works well. This shape helps soften the harsh angles of the face.
Flat brows are the best. You need to make the face look wider than it is, and flat brows do just that. They draw the face out horizontally. If you like, you can add a slight arc at the ends, but not too sharp.
Thick V/S Thin Eyebrows: How to Shape Them
If nature has given you thick eyebrows, then call it a blessing in this decade. Because that’s the trend out there. However, it may take a little more work to tame and trim the thickness. It is also a task to keep the brows looking neat, especially if they are dense.
- Brush your eyebrows, marking the shape you wish to achieve, and removing the hairs around it.
- Start where the eyebrow begins, removing excess hairs. Work through the top of the eyebrow and then pinch out the hairs at the bottom of the
- Finally, shape the ends carefully, as they can give you that neat, groomed
- In the end, brush the brows in the direction of their growth and gently trim away any hairs that are longer than the others.
If you want to start now, then order from our superior collection of Brow and Eyelash Care. At Savarnas Mantra, we believe in making the best tools to help you achieve the look you want. Therefore, we have —
Savarnas Mantra® Brow Scissors and Brush
The blades are anti-slip so that the tiny hairs don’t get away. The finger holes make for a better, firmer grip. And the brow brush is soft. It is perfect for the small hairs of the eyebrow, helping you get more precision while trimming.
Naturally thin eyebrows may seem diﬃcult to groom, but if you go slow, and focus on the shape you want to achieve, then it is not.
- For thin brows, it is best to apply a coat of eyebrow gel first. This makes the hairs lay flat in one direction. This way you can shape them
- Now, take a pair of tweezers and pluck out any extra hairs at the bottom of the
- With a sharp pair of precision scissors, trim any longer hairs in the
- And then, for the top, carefully use an eyebrow razor to tidy the
- To finish, you can use an eyebrow pencil to fill the
Savarnas Mantra has an extensive collection of eyebrow gels for you to choose from. Especially if you want to start your eyebrow-shaping journey. Our brow gels are natural, and cruelty-free, made from natural ingredients to nourish your eyebrow hairs.
Savarnas Mantra® Natural Eyebrow Gel Clear is a perfect addition to groom your brows. Our experts have added Pro Vitamin B5 to this gel to aid in healthy hair growth. This brow gel is also available in multiple colors to suit all hair types — Dark Brown, Soft Black, and Taupe.
Ways to Shape the Eyebrows
Waxing for arms and legs has been favored for a long time. But it may give us a little scare when it comes to our brows. However, this method gives very neat results. It is also long-lasting as the hairs are pulled right out from the roots. Waxing is preferable for women with thick, dense eyebrows.
Be very careful though, and make sure you have a practiced hand with your wax kit. The area around the eyebrows is small and sensitive. So go very slow.
Threading as a concept can be intimidating, but it is one of the best ways of hair removal. You get the neat result of waxing, but without exposing your skin to hot wax. Eyebrow threading uses fine cotton threads that are very strong. The threads are twisted taut and used to pull out unwanted hairs. This method is more precise than even waxing. It is faster and doesn’t cost as much.
A tip is to try your hand at threading your upper lip or chin hairs first. This way you will get comfortable with the hand movements before going for the brows.
This is a pretty easy method to shape the brows. It is a lot more painful as we target one single hair at a time. And even though we become numb to the sting after a while, it still hurts. The best part about plucking is that there are lesser chances of messing up, as you are going slow and hair-by-hair. So you notice quickly if you have veered away from your coveted shape.
Plucking is ideal for women with thin eyebrows and scanty growth.
If you want to start with plucking to shape your eyebrows, then you need a good pair of tweezers. And we at Savarnas Mantra produce high quality Precision Brow Tweezers. Its slanted tip gives you better precision, and the head of the tool is made to give you the perfect grip.
An Ideal Eyebrow Shaping Kit
Eyebrow Gel: to help you settle the hairs before beginning shaping Eyebrow Pencil: to outline and mark the shape you want
Precision Scissors: to snip away longer hairs, trim the edges
Precision Tweezers: to pluck the stray hairs, as well as to shape the brows Brow Brush: to brush the eyebrow hairs before, during, and after shaping
Savarnas Mantra oﬀers you this ideal Eyebrow Shaping Kit with its natural products and precision tools. You can check out our Brow and Lash Care section for products like:
- Savarnas Mantra® Natural Brow Gels — Clear, Dark Brown, Soft Black & The brow gels are made with natural ingredients like beeswax and enriched with vitamins like Pro vitamin B5 for better hair growth.
- Savarnas Mantra® perfect Brow Pencil Collection — Brunette, Blonde, Soft It is waterproof and smudge-free to achieve the perfect non-creamy look for your brows.
- Savarnas Mantra® Precision Brow Scissors and Brush Combo
- Savarnas Mantra® Precision Brow Tweezers
- Savarnas Mantra® EyeBrow Brush
A perfectly shaped brush to groom your brows before and after shaping. It has dual-use, as it can also be used to apply brow powder evenly.
Thin or thick, dense or scanty, light or dark — whatever type of eyebrows you have been blessed with, you have the power to shape them as you want. We at Savarnas Mantra believe in equipping you with the best tools to go about this. And achieve the perfect eyebrows to flaunt!