Skincare routine is something that almost everybody follows. But, skincare followed by Koreans is much more popular worldwide. The reason is Koreans have flawless and clear skin. The concept of glass skin was introduced by them. The main highlight of Korean skincare is that they include a lot of home remedies. Besides that, there are many more tips and secrets to explore behind their beautiful skin. In this article, we'll be sharing with you some of the best-kept secrets from Korean skincare and home remedies for beautiful skin. Read on to find out how you can get flawless skin naturally!
What makes Korean Skincare Unique?
Most of you might be wondering what's unique about this particular type of skincare and the reason behind this hype. Korean skincare is nothing but the beauty rituals followed by Koreans for years. They mainly focus on protection and prevention rather than finding solutions for skin concerns. Moreover, they include natural skincare products and home remedies to maintain a healthy skin instead of using products loaded with harsh ingredients that affect the skin's natural barrier. Koreans believe in following the skin's natural ecosystem by keeping them clean, hydrated, nurtured, and protected.
What is the concept of "Glass Skin?"
While knowing about the Korean skincare routine, it is a must to understand what glass skin is. To be more precise, this term refers to ultra-smooth, hydrated, and naturally glowing skin which is glass smooth.
Korean Skincare: How many steps are included?
When we look at the Korean skincare routine, they follow various steps to achieve effective and enduring results. Most times, the skincare routine of Koreans includes a minimum of ten steps. But, it's not always about the number of steps to follow; instead, it focuses on satisfying the skin's needs. One thing most Koreans traditionally follow in their skin routine is double cleansing; indeed, it's the best and the most crucial step of Korean skincare.
Let's see which steps are included in a Korean skincare routine; take a glance;
- Starts with oil-cleansing- to remove those makeup stains and impurities and free the skin.
- Followed by water-cleanser- Preferably a foaming liquid that has the power to remove all the residues left behind oil cleansing.
- An exfoliant- Mostly followed once or twice a week to eliminate dead skin with the help of scrub or peels.
- A spritz of toner- To balance, restore and hydrate the skin.
- Essence to hydrate - it can be called the secret step behind their glass skin. It's made with fermented ingredients specially formulated to hydrate and protect the skin.
- Serum to treat- It is when specific skin problems are targeted using potent and concentrated ingredients.
- Sheet mask to soothe- Mainly water-based sheet mask using the best and unique ingredients is an unavoidable step followed in Korean skincare to soothe, hydrate, and nourish the skin and also to maintain plumper-looking skin.
- Eye cream to protect and hydrate the under-eye area- a formula to keep the dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness at bay.
- Moisturizer for smooth skin- To give an extra hydration boost and keep the skin smooth and soft.
- Sunscreen for complete protection- Final step is to apply the sunscreen to prevent damage from UV rays.
Now that we've seen the elaborate Korean skincare routine, let's move on to the natural home remedies that people with beautiful skin follow.
Best and Most Followed Korean Home Remedies for Beautiful Skin
As mentioned, Koreans use a lot of natural home remedies to protect their skin. Excited to discover the secret home remedies of Koreans? Read on;
Green Tea Facial Rinse
The health benefits of green tea are quite familiar to most of us. Many even try different masks using green tea nowadays, considering its benefits on the skin. It helps treat acne, moisturizes the skin, and controls premature aging. Koreans have proved that using green to rinse the face helps reduce blemishes and prevent breakouts.
How to Use?
Make green tea; not more than a quarter cup is needed. Allow it to cool. While washing your face, use the green tea as a final rinse.
Fermented Rice Water Mist:
This is an age-old secret of Koreans, which is quite the most popular one. It is the best home remedy to eliminate skin problems like blemishes, uneven skin tone, and dull skin. Fermented rice water can boost collagen production in your skin, providing a naturally supple and glowing complexion. Besides, it is also effective in lightening the scars, fading blemishes, and patches on the skin.
How to use?
Soak the rice in water and keep it overnight. The next day strain it and collect the water. Keep it for two to three days to ferment, and then you may use it as a face mist on your skin. You may even try it using boiled rice water, repeating the same fermentation steps, and use them in the morning and night on the skin.
Face Mask using Lemon and Strawberry:
Strawberry is much known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Besides, it is an astringent too. When used on the skin, it aids in removing dead skin cells, protects from UV rays, and treats acne. Moving on to lemons, they are naturally rich in Vitamin C and help reduce premature aging and skin damage.
How to Use?
Mash the strawberries (4-5 strawberries) to a smooth paste and add two drops of lemon juice and a tablespoon of fresh yogurt; blend them well. Apply it to your face, don't ignore your neck, leave it for twenty minutes, and wash them off using lukewarm water for soft and refreshed skin.
Hope these skincare tips and home remedies will help you achieve beautiful and clear skin. Though the skincare looks overwhelming, you may decide on which one to follow and avoid based on your skin type and condition. Find out what your skin needs and give the proper care!