“A Smoothie” as the name suggests can provide a smooth and even tone and clear flawless skin. Smoothies are a great wonder remedy not only for overall health but also for gorgeous skin and amazing complexion.
What is a smoothie?
Most of us know what exactly a smoothie is. For newbies, a smoothie is a thick, yummy creamy nutritional blend of fruits and veggies which is great to taste. It is enriched with nutrients, vitamins, and natural extracts of active constituents of fruits and vegetables. It is generally a plant-based drink but may contain milk derivatives as well.
What is a smoothie made up of?
Smoothie is made of a blend and puree of the following healthy superfoods -
- Milk and milk products
- Liquid bases like coconut water or plain water
- Nuts and seeds like flax seeds and chia seeds
- Healthy spices like turmeric
- Natural sweeteners like honey and jaggery
Smoothies are to be prepared from fresh and natural sources without any preservatives to make the most out of them.
Potential benefits of smoothies
- Increases nutrient uptake by consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Have more potent power of antioxidants
- Helps boost skin immunity
- Helps boost metabolism and digestion to clear toxins and give flawless skin
- Helps skin aging and gives a youthful glow to the skin
- Fights oxidative stress
- Keeps you full thus reducing cravings for sugar and salt which are harmful to the skin
- Reduces craving for caffeine which dehydrates the skin
- Maintain a healthy balance of skin hormones
- Promotes clear and radiant glowing complexion
- Adds a natural glow to the skin by preventing pigmentation
- Keeps you alert and happy which shows up on your skin
- Maintains the skin gut axis which is very essential for the body
- Contains important skin vitamins A, C, and E which are necessary for skin
- Contains natural fiber which is important for cleansing the body for good skin
Top 8 best smoothies for glowing skin
These Smoothies are helpful in giving you glowing skin. Today, we shall reveal the name of some healthy nutritional smoothies for the skin.
Types of Smoothies for Skin
Name of Skin Smoothies
Green Vegetable Smoothie
Green Apple Smoothie
Kale And Sunflower Smoothie
Celery Apple Refresher
Purple + Green Cabbage Smoothie
Deep green colored and rich in antioxidants
Golden Yellow Smoothies
Ginger Plum Flower
Healthy Belly Turmeric Smoothie
Provides a natural golden glow to the skin
*Add a dash of honey & jaggery for natural sweetness and golden glow
- Green Vegetable Smoothie
Green Smoothie is a high source of Vitamin E, A, and C, which are also helpful in defeating aging. So, do not forget to drink Green smoothies for glowing skin. It is enriched with phytonutrients and antioxidants
- Purple Cabbage Smoothie with Blueberries
Blueberries are helpful in improving our complexion. If you consume Purple Cabbage Smoothie along with some blueberries, it will add natural sweetness to your smoothie and help in giving a radiant glow to the skin by improving blood circulation.
- Green Apple Smoothie
This Smoothie is specially made for those people who stay outside the house for a long time. This protects the skin from allergies and germs. If you are exposed to sunlight, this smoothie must be definitely consumed which brightens and lightens the skin naturally.
- Healthy Belly Turmeric Smoothie
Drinking Healthy Tumeric Belly Smoothie keeps the skin plump and smooth. This is also known as “Golden Smoothie” and can be consumed with plant-based almond milk and jaggery with a dash of turmeric. Turmeric contains an active constituent called “Curcumin” which has anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
- Kale And Sunflower Smoothie
By consuming kale and sunflower smoothies, you get good sound sleep. Along with this, the glow of the face also remains intact. This also relaxes and repairs your skin
- Celery Apple Refresher
This smoothie protects the skin from all kinds of infections and keeps bacterial and fungal infections at bay.
- Ginger Plum Flower
Ginger is very good for the digestive system and has potent antioxidants which help the skin glow.
- Spicy Mango
This smoothie may be new to many people, but it is very beneficial for the skin and hair. Add some mango pulp with yogurt and turmeric powder which is great for skin and provides a natural golden glow to the skin.
These yummy smoothies are great for your tummy and skin. Drinking them once daily can produce healthy results for the skin and improve skin complexion.