Are Essential Oils Good For Skin?
“Are Essential Oils Good For Skin?” This question keeps ticking in many people’s minds. Well, the simple answer to this question is “YES.” Essential oils work great for skin provided you apply it the right way. They are enriched with the goodness of all-natural ingredients which work best on the skin. You must know your skin type and the type of essential oil which suits your skin. Using the correct type can help in recovering from various skin issues. They are great picks for your skin.
Today, with this blog, we are going to give you some valuable insights into essential oils, the benefits, how to use them, and which one is the best pick.
What are Essential oils?
Essentials are natural oils infused with herbs which are a great way to tackle skin issues. It is extracted from plants with active ingredients and compounds which form the entire essence of essential oils. Apart from this, they are aromatic oils that are great for soothing the senses. They are highly concentrated and potent oils with great natural benefits. They are made from natural extracts from flowers, seeds, and plants.
Benefits of essential oils for skin
The benefits of essential oils are as follows-
- Helps in hyperpigmentation
- Helps reducing scars
- Treat acne
- Treats skin infections
- Reduces itchiness
- Helps relieve dry skin
- Acts as a potent antioxidant
- Anti-inflammatory in nature
- Used in aromatherapy
- Used to de-stress skin
- Helps in lightening and brightening the skin
- Helps heal damaged skin
- Helps soothe skin rash and redness
- Acts as a natural antimicrobial
- Helps provide skin nourishment
Well, the list of benefits is endless. Just a few drops of the best essential oil for your skin can work wonders. You can add it to your daily skin routine and see noticeable differences in your skin after regular use. Keep reading to know more about how to use essential oils in the right way to make the most out of them.
Types of essential oil
The different types of essential oils are as follows-
- Tea tree essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Orange essential oil
- Ylang Ylang essential oil
- Neroli essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Carrot seed essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Lemon oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Lemongrass oil
- Frankincense oil
- Cedarwood oil
Explore each of the essential oils at its best by correct usage.
How to use essential oils?
There are certain protocols on how to use essential oils which must be followed in the correct way. Not following it in the right way can cause more harm and damage to the skin. Here are a few tricks while following essential oils -
- Keep it minimum
- Make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil
- Apply a thin layer only on the affected area of the skin
- Allow it to absorb for sometime
- Massage it well and gently to reach the skin cells
- You can mix 2 -6 drops of essential oil into your moisturizer as well
- Use the best brand of essential oils which is completely pure
- Avoid usage of mineral oil or parabens
- Do not use an essential oil on injured and broken skin
- Make sure to toss out older and expired essential oils
- Store them safely away from children
- Stop the use if the skin reacts
- Do a patch test before use
- Do not overdo with the application of essential oil
- Do take care if you are pregnant
Still, confused about how to use essential oils? Well, do not worry as Savarnas Mantra brings to you healthy essential oil-infused skincare products that are medically tested and clinically proven. Savarnas Mantra has skincare products enriched with multiple botanical extracts and essential oils in the right proportion for your skin. You no longer need to dilute or mix the right proportion of carrier oil. Get ready to use it directly and enjoy the goodness of nature at its best with Savarnas Mantra.