Savarnas Mantra COVID-19 Preparedness and Prevention Policy
At Savarnas Mantra we are committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19, andtokeeping our employees, and consumers of our products safe. This policy contains the guidelines that employees should follow in offices and manufacturing locations during the coronavirus pandemic.
Application of the policy
This policy should be followed by all employees and contractors working in our offices and manufacturing locations to prevent the spread of coronavirus. All employees/contractors working remotely should also understandand use the policy when necessary.
- If you are working amongst other people or talking to another person, always wear a face mask or a cloth coveringover your mouth and nose.
- Avoid frequent touching of your face, especially the areas around your nose, ears, and mouth as this will increase the chances of you getting infected with the virus.
- Use a recommendeddisinfectant to regularly clean areas and objects that are frequently touched by many people.
- Try to minimize use of the air conditioner in office and open the windows to allow air to circulate within rooms.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water using the 20 second guideline or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Wash your hands or use a sanitizer, especially after using the toilet, before eating and after visiting the cafeteria.
- When getting food delivered from restaurants ensure that you wash your hands after removing food from the containers. Reheat the food in the microwave if it is available in the office or ensure that the food is hot before you eat it.
- After opening packages delivered by a courier wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer.
- Stand or sit six feet/two meters away from your colleagues.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue/your elbow or a sleeve when sneezing/coughing.Immediately discard any tissues used when coughing/sneezing and clean your hands with a sanitizer.
- Do not travel in crowded trains or buses. Contact your manager if you need to find options for commuting to work.
- Avoid large social/religious gatherings.
- If you are sick and have fever or cough or shortness of breath stay at home.
- Read the updated rules and policies about COVID-19 that are circulated by the management and follow them.
Cancellations of trips, events, and gatherings
- The company has cancelled all trips, events, and gatherings until further notice. Notice will be provided to employees, as to when these will be restarted.
- Employees are requested not gather in groups in the office.
- Meetings should be held in a virtual space. Employees are requested to contact their managers to get information about secure software for holding meetings.
When should you apply for sick leave?
- If you are sick and cannot work from home.
- If you have any of the mentioned COVID-19 symptoms apply for sick leave and consult a doctor.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 recently, andyou are waiting for the results of the tests.
- If you arediagnosed with COVID-19, and you cannot return to work until a doctor’s gives you a clearance or a certificate.
Applying for working from home
- You should apply to work from home if your child or family member is sick. Even if you are asymptomatic you could be infected. So, stay at home and do not meet colleagues for a period of 14 days or untilyour doctor allows you to.
- If you have travelled recently stay at home for 14 days and request to work from home during the period.
- Follow the restrictions in place in your city/state, and contact your manager who will formulate work from home guidelines foryour job.
Follow these guidelines at offices and factory locations
- Use the face and hand coverings provided by the company during the product manufacturing process.
- Ensure that your temperature is checked every day.
- Understand and use the enhanced processes for keeping your workspace and surroundings clean.
- Ensure that you followspecified guidelineswhen creating each product.
- Follow the zero contact policy outlined by the company when packing and shipping products to customers.
- Provide customers with sufficient notice if shipments are delayed.
Symptoms of COVID-19 in adults and children
A range of symptoms are associated with COVID-19 and these appear within 2-14 days of being exposed to the virus. Most of those who test positive for the virus have one, orall thesethree major symptoms in mild to severe form:
- Shortness of breath
These are the other symptoms experienced by adults:
- Body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Chest pain
- Cold with a running nose
COVID-19 symptoms in children
Children often experience mild COVID-19 symptoms when compared to adults. However, children can develop the following symptoms which are associated with Kawasaki disease orPediatric Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (PMIS). In case these symptoms are observed in children, they should be immediately taken to a doctor or hospital.
- Reddish rash on skin
- Red colored eyes
- High fever
- Swelling on hands/feet
- Glands swollen near the neck
- Pain in the abdomen